Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Bumps on face

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 8:21 AM
  • 7 Replies
My daughter is 17 months old and for a while she has had some tiny red bumps around her mouth. I haven't changed her diet at all and they don't bother her or spread. My dad suggested it could be because she is teething and constantly has drool. I try to keep it dry and clean and wash it with dove soap whenever she is in the bath. They just won't go away. I am scared to put neosporin that close to her mouth. What do u guys think?
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I would take her to the Dr and see what they say and maybe they can recommend something to use.

Mommy2Nia
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:16 PM
I agree. I would definitely take her to her pediatrician before trying anything at home.
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM

please don't use neosporin, so many kids are allergic to it - if you haven't already that is.

Your dad may be right. I would just watch it, maybe as the teething progresses the bumps may go away, if not - bring it up to the doctor next time.

JaNiaJayMom2012
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Take her to the doc im sure it's due to the drool; they should prescribe some hydrocortisone cream.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mle4884
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM
I didn't realize many kids were allergic to neosporin... Glad u told me. I haven't used it on her for this because I was worried about it being so close to her mouth.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I would take her to the Dr and see what they say and maybe they can recommend something to use.

mommyjenn29
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Take her to the doctor...but do agree with your dad!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN