Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Is my son's backpack inappropriate?

Posted by   + Show Post

My son's first day of second grade is tomorrow. He picked out a star wars back pack at Toys R Us about a month ago. I didn't really look at it right then (I have a 22 month old as an excuse). About a week ago, I realized that the storm trooper on the backpack is holding a huge gun! I keep going back and forth between thinking that no one will notice or care, and thinking that the principal is going to call me in. I'm worried that my family will be in trouble over this - and as a result famous at the school for the wrong reason! I've tried to not worry about it - but here I am at 7pm thinking about a mad dash to the store.

Here's a link that shows the backpack:  http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11654256

What do you think?

Thanks for the opinions!

by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
lnrmom
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Its a Star Wars Storm Trooper. I'm sure you're ok.

ohio_momof2
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I forgot to mention that I did tell my son that it could get rejected by the school. We can buy another one tonight if the school doesn't like it.

Cheribomb
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:43 AM

i doubt anyone will even pay that much attention to it...

MrsNewman
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM

its not something i would let my child carry into school .... but its not that bad either. i just think with all the shoots and stuff lately its not the right message for a child to be carrying around.

3boysngirl
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM

no i think its fine my son is into star wars too and if he would have saw that and wanted it i would buy it for him:)

mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM

That's what I was thinking.

Quoting Cheribomb:

i doubt anyone will even pay that much attention to it...

snuggiewoogie
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I'm sure it will be fine....

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I think it's fine and the school probably won't either. I'm sure there is alot of other boys that will have something similar to it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I would bring it back. The dress code at my dd's school is pretty lax but it does specifically say no guns, weapons, blah blah.

splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 27, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I don't think it is that bad, but you never know. My son had a lego star wars backpack last year, but it just had darth vader on it.. no weapons. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)