Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

EWW!! Who shares their bath towels with their SO???

Posted by   + Show Post

Watching the Today show and the host said she shares her bath towel with her husband.

BARF! Does anyone else do this?

throwing up

http://www.drozfans.com/dr-ozs-advice/dr-oz-3-things-to-never-share-with-your-husband-towel-brush-razor/

Doctor Oz spoke about three things you should never share your husband or anyone else for that matter. You can catch jock itch, staph infections or ring worm by sharing towels, a brush or a razor. Dr Oz explained how to prevent these infections: 3 Things to Never Share

Never Share Towels - Jock Itch Fungus

Dr Oz said to never share towels, and this has nothing to do with the towels being wet. By sharing towels with your husband, you can catch Jock Itch fungus. Towels are the most common way to spread fungi. If you get Jock Itch, Dr Oz said you should try Antifungal Jock Itch Cream.

Never Share Razor Blades - Staph Infection

Doctor Oz said you should never share razor blades with your husband, because you can spread Staph Infection, which can be deadly if it gets under your skin. If you get a Staph Infection, use a Triple Antibiotic Cream to reverse it. If you absolutely must share a razor, dunk the razor in alcohol between people to minimize the risk of spreading infections.

Never Share Hair Brush - Ring Worm Fungus

Dr Oz said you should never share a hair brush, because you can get a circular rash called Ring Worm Fungus, in addition to lice. If you get ring worm, you can use an anti-fungal cream, but it is best to avoid ring worm.

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Replies (31-40):
Krystle21
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:51 PM
I have
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Venae
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I don't even reuse my own towel.  New towels for each shower.  I even started using paper towels in the kids' bathroom because they'd get toothpaste on the hand towel (wiping their mouths), then someone would have to use it to wipe their hands.

hello_kitty25
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Eww no! He dries his butt with it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Venae
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting lnrmom:

We have. When you're getting out of the shower... you should be... oh... I don't know... clean?

Well, sure, but I really don't want to wipe my face on something he just wiped his balls with - clean or not.  Should we all be sharing toothbrushes too?

RighteousLove
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:15 AM

yep. i love his scent. the scent of an angel drives me bonkers. 

MumaSue
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep we shared .... nothing gross about it. We're both clean having just showered.

lil_mama522
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Um we share pretty much everything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiowaqueen
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:47 AM
LoL wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepymommy87
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:52 AM
He'll use mine after I'm done but I NEVER use his. I'm really weird about germs lol

It's not that bad for him because I don't dry my lady parts with a towel so it's really just my hair that the towel touched but he dries EVERYTHING with his towel and I'm like uhhh no thanks I'll get a new towel. I dont want balls and feet on my clean body even if they are all clean lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beaularson91
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:53 AM

yeah...i see nothing wrong with it...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)