It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: Shooting First Day of School
Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!
As you may know there was a shooting in a Baltimore County school yesterday. As always there are different stories floating around out there.
Here are the main facts:
1. A student posted on his Facebook page just hours before school started "First day of school,
last day of my life. t(~_~t), f*** the world".
That same student took a "big gun" into the school which was said to
have been in parts
and put together just before the shooting.
3. One student was shot in the back (currently NOT considered a target).
4. A Guidance Counselor restrains him, other teachers help until an on-school Police Officer arrives.
5. The shooter is in custody and is cooperating with law enforcement.
The victim is in critical condition.
6. School is in session today with enhanced security.
1. What are your thoughts on this and all school shootings?
2. Do you feel your child(ren) are safe in school?
3. What do you feel is the best way to prevent these kinds of situations?
While you share your thoughts with us be sure
to let us know what you would like us to serve you!!
And be sure to check out these posts while you wait:
- GIVEAWAY: "Beachballs and Frisbees" WIN a CafeMom Beachball and Frisbee!!
- EWW!! Who shares their bath towels with their SO???
- Am I blowing this out of proportion?
- Is my son's backpack inappropriate?
- Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...
We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!