Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP frequent nighttime nesebleeds in 3yo **UPDATA**

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:41 AM
  • 11 Replies
My 3yo ds has been getting frequent nosebleeds, mostly at night or right after he gets up. He gets them 3 or 4 times a week. I don't think its dry air, since its really humid here (we live in eastern nebraska and often times have 80+% humidity). I don't know if he is picking or rubbing his nose too much/too hard. I need some advice and tips.

**im prett sure it was the heat causing them. It has cooled down quite a bit. Before it was staying in the 80's and night and the upper 90's-100's during the day. For the last week or so it was been around 80's or cooler during the day, and 50's at night, and he hasn't had one since.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maribou
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Having 2 boys with severe nosebleeds all their life - one thing our ENT suggests (and does help) is gettting the gel saline nose spray.  It coats the inside of the nose and my boys say it does help.

You may want to take him into the doctor to make sure there isn't something up there.  Sometimes that does happen.  My boys periodically have to get their noses cauterized.

Good luck -

Mari

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Df and I both had frequent nosebleeds as kids. Mine was due to dry air, his I don't know. He said he had them into middle school, then they faded out and stopped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM
I bought some immune support vitamins that have extra vit c and e (I read on the aap website that a, c, and k, help a lot), the gel saline spray, and vit e oil. Im hoping this works. Thanks for the tip!

Quoting maribou:

Having 2 boys with severe nosebleeds all their life - one thing our ENT suggests (and does help) is gettting the gel saline nose spray.  It coats the inside of the nose and my boys say it does help.

You may want to take him into the doctor to make sure there isn't something up there.  Sometimes that does happen.  My boys periodically have to get their noses cauterized.

Good luck -

Mari

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:33 PM

My daughter gets these from time to time too..... I think it the dry air and her digging around in there! Ugh.....

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I would take to Dr to just be on the safe side.

SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I would take to Dr to just be on the safe side.

^this

maribou
by Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Keep us updated - hope they get better.

CrazyLife1996
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:14 AM
My 11yr old has always gotten them like this.

He has an ENT he sees a couple of times a year and uses a gel saline every night.

GL I swear sometimes my boys causes the most heart attacks. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:03 PM
I used the gel saline on him last night, and so far so good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I agree with talking to his dr. I don't have any experience with this though. Neither of my kiddos have gotten one yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)