Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

do you and your SO have different decorating styles?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 2:32 AM
  • 20 Replies

me and my boyfriend are FINALLY getting our own place and im so excited. we went to target and walmart and bought all this stuff for the new place. i was going crazy because i have this image in my mind and i know what i like and dont like. we really arent agreeing on a lot but he is being so kind and letting me choose most of the stuff. im freaking out about the coffee table though :p im getting so frustrated because it is the piece of furniture that i was most excited about :) its perfect. but NO lol grrr did you ladies have this problem?

by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Yes and no. We have different tastes but dh is usually pretty good at just letting me do it. He does have good taste...most of the time. Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:09 AM

My husband leaves it all up to me. He wouldn't want to worry about how a room is decorated. If I asked him, he would look at me like seriously? Do guys actually care about that? LOL.

mistyDaze76
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Dh has good taste, but also just lets me do whatever.  =)  As long as it doesn't mess up or bother his media set up.  This is where we disagree.  He is very high tech and loves having that theatre feel inside the house.  I really don't watch TV, would personally be happy if we didn't even own one and honestly am not a fan of having theatre sound that rattles the windows and pictures on the other side of the wall.  lol

Quoting jltplk25:

Yes and no. We have different tastes but dh is usually pretty good at just letting me do it. He does have good taste...most of the time. Haha

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Mine doesn't care he just lets me do all the decorating. He would be clueless to what to do.

OliviasMommy611
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Lol mine too

Quoting MichelleMc:

My husband leaves it all up to me. He wouldn't want to worry about how a room is decorated. If I asked him, he would like at me like seriously? Do cares actually care about that? LOL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:36 PM

The difference is, I have a decorating style and my husband doesn't, ha ha!  He's more than happy for me to make the decisions there.

mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Yeah, I have style...he doesn't.  lol

Snapdragon88
by Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 7:34 PM
He just goes with whatever I want, lol. As long as the candles are in season he doesn't complain :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:32 PM

yep, i picked my battles. as long as the bouse wasnt tacky i dont really care. sure the house isnt the colores i wanted, but hey its painted!

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM

No we agree on furniture.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)