Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Need positive thoughts!!

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:11 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Background:  DH works for a railroad.  He's a Yardmaster.  The next step up in the ladder is a Trainmaster.  

So, about a month ago, Justin (DH) was told that there would be a listing soon for an Assistant Trainmaster position and that he was number 1 on the list as far as the current trainmasters were concerned.  So about a week later, the posting came out.  Of course, anyone could apply for the job.  Justin did apply.  They did interviews (about 15) last week and the week before.  Well, today they are announcing the decision.  Everyone at work has been telling Justin he's gonna get the job and that nobody knows why they even did interviews for anyone else.  

So, positive thinking for us today please!  I really hope Justin gets this job!  It's actually a small paycut for him for now (until his probationary period would be over and then he'd be automatically promoted to a trainmaster and would get a raise over what he makes now), but even the paycut is only like $3/day.  And he'd get a company car with gas card...which would save us like $7000/year in gas (he drives 75 mins to work, one way).  Plus, he'd be really good at this job.  I just keep waiting for a phone call from him...I'm so nervous for him!!

UPDATE:
Thank you everyone for all of the positive thoughts and prayers!  Unfortunately, he didn't get the job.  His boss told him that he has all the qualifications they want but he bombed his interview because he struggled to answer questions.  Justin says he doesn't know what they're talking about since he answered everything and he wasn't all like fumbly with his answers.  He emailed me and said he's sitting at his desk holding back tears right now.  I feel so horrible for him.   :(

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Sending positive you're way! I know about the big gas expense. Before ds changed jobs he was driving that far one way every day. Its a huge relief him only driving 40 miles one way now. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Good luck!! Positive vibes being sent your way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM

fingers crossed

luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:27 AM

sending my magic pixie dust (********) good luck!

Aamy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Good luck. My DH just got a new job at the beginning of the year with a company car and gas card and it does save a ton. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeaHound
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM
It's great for u that he can move up with the economy the way it is!!!
Good for u guys!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:12 PM

fingers crossed

squeekers
http://www.richdemuro.com/home/2014/12/17/how-to-get-a-refund-from-google-play-for-in-app-purchases-your-kids-made-without-your-permission
Today at 12:41 AM
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I'll keep my fingers crossed for good luck.

i'm a happy Humanist.
question everything, except your mother.
i dont like to use capital letters.
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Thanks everyone!  I just talked to Justin and he hasn't heard anything yet.  I just want to know!  lol

christel22406
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Sending prayers and keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN