Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Mother Blunder! What Would YOUR Sign Say?

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM
  • 15 Replies

I got a kick out of this, taken from Cafemom's The Stir section.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/teen/142766/bad_parents_forced_to_wear

What would your sign say? Mine would say: "I once had a panic attack on a ferris wheel and said 'fuck' as I clinged white knuckled to the cart bar."

Bad Parents Forced to Wear Humiliating Signs in Public (PHOTOS)

Posted by Jacqueline Burt
on August 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM

stefanie 50 shadesI kind of expected that whole trend of publicly humiliating teens as a form of punishment to go away, but nope: Just days ago a mom in South Carolina forced her 13-year-old son to walk along a busy road wearing a sign saying, "Smoked pot, got caught! Don't I look cool? Not!"

Seems the Sign of Shame has become as accepted a disciplinary measure as the time-honored time-out (other notable examples, just in case you missed them, include a different 13-year-old's "I steal from my family" sandwich board and a 14-year-old's considerably more serious nametag confessional, "I lie. I steal. I sell drugs. I don't follow the law.").

Yikes. I'm not sure if these signs actually have positive long-term (or even short-term) behavior modification results or if I'd ever even consider branding my kid in this fashion, but I am pretty sure about one thing ... if teens could turn the tables on parents, we'd all be walking around looking like these majorly guilty moms and dads ...

Images via Jacqueline Burt

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ermka
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I hide in the bathroom and smoke when it's fold outside. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Funny!!  Mine would probably say something like "I made my 9 y/o feel like a little kid when I made her walk to school with me and her 4 y/o sister."  Yeah...she said that.  lol

SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Hmm, so many signs, so little time.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Sometimes in the evenings I "take the trash out" and eat chocolate outside or just take a breather for a minute.

embarrassed

Its hard only having another adult around for 2 hours out of the day. 

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmm...mine would be obvious-

Prone to mess something up at least twice a day if not more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistyDaze76
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I asked my girls this and they said mine should say:  "I say 'Oh Shit...Shoot...Sorry!!' too much." (they didn't say sh*t tho)  I try not to cuss in front of the kids, so slip up, correct myself and then apologize often.  lol

Radarma
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Hmm, so many signs, so little time.

Oh man, me too! LMBO!

Radarma
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I feel less of that pinch now that school has started back up; but yes, YES, it is hard when you have another adult for only a couple of the hours of the long, long, loooong days home with kids.

Quoting splatz:

Sometimes in the evenings I "take the trash out" and eat chocolate outside or just take a breather for a minute.

embarrassed

Its hard only having another adult around for 2 hours out of the day. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM

hmmm Idk what my sign would be..

rhiannonaisling
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Mine would say "I force my kids to shower, brush their teeth and change into clean school clothes with shoes and socks everyday even though they are in a virtual school." I don't get why that's such a big deal to them, but it is. I don't see how it's different from preparing for public school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)