Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Grocery Shopping and Meal Planning

Posted by   + Show Post

So I was wonder if you ladies shop for a whole month worth of food at once or split it up? I can not stand to go to the store every week bc I know I will over spend. So, what I am doing is trying out every two weeks this month. Usually I just go for a whole months worth of food but stuff goes bad and I can not buy as many fresh fruits and veggies as I want bc they will not hold up which then means we are eating not so healthy meals! I also meal plan a month in advanced but now I split it up to two weeks as well! I think this will help and especially sticking to my budget and list I can spend around $130 each trip! Also, my friend has lost 61 pounds since Janaury by working out and changing her meals. She uses the app Lose It too which is awesome and I just got myself. Since we are ttc I really want to shed some pounds and also be able to do some 5k runs that are coming up! My dh is so picky but here is a list of my next two week worth of meals! I figured I have to give and take a little with him lol!

1. Turkey Sloppy Joe's and veggies
  2. Mediterranean Whole Wheat Pasta
  3. Chili Salmon with sweet potato fries
  4. Chicken and Turkey Bacon Spinach Salads
  5. Chicken Stir Fry
  6. Burgers and baked fries
  7. Chicken and Brown Rice with Cream of Mushroom Soup, Asparagus
  8. Baked Salmon and Brussel Sprouts
  9. Whole Wheat Spaghetti
  10. Crock Pot Pork Chops and Veggies
  11. Turkey Brats (Grilled) with sauted mushrooms and corn on the cob.
  12. Eat Clean Egg Salad Sandwiches and Baked Lays
  13. Shake n Bake Chicken with veggies
  14. Breakfast for dinner (Turkey Bacon, Egg White Omelets w. Spianch and Pancakes)
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Replies (21-23):
jesslynn06
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Do you use a regular Calender or a special one?
Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I actually bought a dry erase calendar board for like $5 from Target and put it up on my wall! That way its good every year and I can just erase and start over each month!

Quoting jesslynn06:

Do you use a regular Calender or a special one?

jesslynn06
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:14 PM
That's an awesome idea.Thanks :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)