Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

9-11

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM
  • 8 Replies

So every year when the anniversary comes around my dh watches tons of coverage on it. Every year there seems to be more info that is released and its so depressing! I am so sorry for all who were lost that day and I feel we do need to remember and be respectful but man it hurts my heart. Its just so terrible and seeing and learning more and more with each passing year just makes it worse for me.

by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Such a tragic part of our history.  My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone effected.  I don't watch coverage anymore...I just can't handle it.

Bethy16
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 4:57 AM
My brother was in the building. He is a true hero to me as he carried someone twice his weight down 42 flights of steps,had all of his co workers follow him,and then carried her all the way across town to Penn Station to get on any train he could to get him out of the city. All with a broken ankle he got from debris falling on the steps. I watch every year and thank GOD my brother is still here with us. We live on Long Island and it hit us all verh hard as we lost a lot of community members. We will never forget.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maribou
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM

My husband was stuck on the other side of the country, not able to get home.  

I feel it is a lot like Pearl Harbor to previous generations - a day that changed their lives forever, even if they weren't there.

1CrazyCajun
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I remember the day it happened. I was still in college. They set up TV's everywhere and students were gathered around them. Everyone missed a lot of class that day. Sad. :(

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting not quite your style. Are you more laid back?Come join other like minded moms.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I don't watch it much anymore either. It is very sad.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM

It is sad....

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:44 PM

The anniversary is always a sad, hard time. =(

snuggiewoogie
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 4:41 PM

That was such an awful day! Very sad and depressing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)