Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

For Real!

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:39 PM
  • 10 Replies

So my mil bought us a couch and recliner set last Novemeber and they broke already! The place we got them from came out and said ok we will order parts and repair it! Well, now they say its not longer available so they will give us a credit of $900 to buy a new set! Seriously!?! We paid like $1,200 for this! Also they want us to pay for pick up of the old set since they want us to surrender it to them, and for the new set to be delivered! What a bunch of bull! Then to top it off I can not find anything in our price range with the features we have now on our set! I am so mad! I have talked to two managers plus the district manager and no budging! Plus they refuse to give us our money back, only a credit! Grr! I can not afford and I refuse to pay anything else!

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I would not be pleased either....really hope someone will work something out for you....

Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Thanks me too! I am so frustrated!

Quoting delanna6two:

I would not be pleased either....really hope someone will work something out for you....

snuggiewoogie
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 4:46 PM

That Sucks! Ugh....

DixieFlower
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Personally, I'd call a local "on your side" news reporter. If they want the set surrendered then they need to come and pick it up for free. Since they are already coming out to pick a set up there is no reason for them to charge to deliver the new set at the same time.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Good idea!

Quoting DixieFlower:

Personally, I'd call a local "on your side" news reporter. If they want the set surrendered then they need to come and pick it up for free. Since they are already coming out to pick a set up there is no reason for them to charge to deliver the new set at the same time.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I hope you get it straightened out.

cjgmommy05
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM
I would call local on your side reporter. That's totally ridiculous about the whole thing. They should give you back what you paid for. Let us know what happens.
Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Well ladies after much arguing from my dh, mil and me last night tiger REFUSE to give any so we got stuck with a set that's not as good as this one! Plus it's a ugly brown! I am not happy! To top it off they refuse to come pick this set up or deliver the new one without us paying! We spent hours arguing with them on the phone and in store! So on the 23rd my poor father and husband will have to make four trips to the store, delivering the old set and picking up the new! I will NEVER recommend these jerks!
DixieFlower
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I'd tell them if they want the old set they need to come and get it. Plan and simple.

Quoting Pammi86:

Well ladies after much arguing from my dh, mil and me last night tiger REFUSE to give any so we got stuck with a set that's not as good as this one! Plus it's a ugly brown! I am not happy! To top it off they refuse to come pick this set up or deliver the new one without us paying! We spent hours arguing with them on the phone and in store! So on the 23rd my poor father and husband will have to make four trips to the store, delivering the old set and picking up the new! I will NEVER recommend these jerks!

Itzy0ll0tl
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM

i personally would take mine first and not give the other one back.. if they want it thenthey should go and get it. is that possible?

Quoting Pammi86:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)