Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: Reflecting on 9-11

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:07 AM
  • 220 Replies
3 moms liked this

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

September 11, 2001 was a day America was changed forever.

Click HERE to go to the 9/11 Memorial website.
Click HERE to ask a fellow CafeMom member anything. She lost her father that day.

Take a moment today to reflect on what happened that day and remember those
who were taken and those who were injured and post a 9/11 graphic here that you like. We'd love for you to share with us!

1. How did 9/11 affect you personally?

2. Have you been to any of the memorial sites or do you hope to one day?

3. What do you think was the greatest impact this tragedy had on America?

4. Should they make 9/11 a national holiday?

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

And be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:50 AM
9 moms liked this

Never Forget

Cafe Beth
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this

This is an image I think will be embedded in a lot of our minds forever. Thank you for sharing it. Here is a coffee for you.

Quoting goddess99:

Never Forget

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Thank you =)

Quoting Cafe Beth:

This is an image I think will be embedded in a lot of our minds forever. Thank you for sharing it. Here is a coffee for you.

Quoting goddess99:

Never Forget

itsblissmas
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Cafe Beth:

1. How did 9/11 affect you personally? It didn't have a direct physical affect on me but it helped me realize my love for our country even more. It also brought a deeper appreciation for law enforcement, fire fighters, military etc.

2. Have you been to any of the memorial sites or do you hope to one day? I haven't but I really want to. I would love to see all of them actually.

3. What do you think was the greatest impact this tragedy had on America? I'm not really sure but I think it brought people closer together. At least for a while and definitely once a year. I'd like to think it's more permanent.

I'll have a strawberry-banana smoothie.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:32 AM
I was scared to death and feel bad for the loved one that lost family and there fire fights n ect too..
no..yea would love to go it one day...
We have to be more cafeful and ect like that...
hot coco please
nikkita311
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM
I was pregnant at the time .
Cafe Beth
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:24 AM

We appreciate you sharing. Here's your smoothie.

Quoting itsblissmas:

Quoting Cafe Beth:

1. How did 9/11 affect you personally? It didn't have a direct physical affect on me but it helped me realize my love for our country even more. It also brought a deeper appreciation for law enforcement, fire fighters, military etc.

2. Have you been to any of the memorial sites or do you hope to one day? I haven't but I really want to. I would love to see all of them actually.

3. What do you think was the greatest impact this tragedy had on America? I'm not really sure but I think it brought people closer together. At least for a while and definitely once a year. I'd like to think it's more permanent.

I'll have a strawberry-banana smoothie.

Cafe Beth
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Thank you for sharing with us. Enjoy your cocoa!

Quoting auntangelofsix:

I was scared to death and feel bad for the loved one that lost family and there fire fights n ect too..
no..yea would love to go it one day...
We have to be more cafeful and ect like that...
hot coco please

Cafe Beth
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Here is an iced coffee for you. I hope you enjoy it!

Quoting nikkita311:

I was pregnant at the time .

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:32 AM
36 moms liked this

I'm from NY, so I had family that was in the city at the time.  My mom works at a hospital and they went into lockdown and employees weren't allowed to leave for days as per protocol.  Because of 9/11, my husband ended up being deployed twice during the war.

We have been to teh 9/11 Memorial and it's moving and poignant.  When you think about it and what used to be there and picture that day, it's horrific.  It's a beautiful site though.  DH and I work in the shadow of the new towers and it's nice to see things being rebuilt and that life does go on.

I think that 9/11 really took away our sense of security and innocence in so many ways.  We were no longer untouchable and now we live with the thought that terrorists are out to kill us in the back of our minds. 

If they make 9/11 a National Holiday, then I think the same should be given to other days of tragedy like Pearl Harbor.  I would rather move on from this than live in the moment of a great tragedy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN