Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Does anyone sell cheap used baby clothes?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:13 PM
  • 22 Replies
DD owns three onesies, I just bought her a ton at 9 months that were 9-12 months, but at 11 months ONLY three fit her and her shoes no longer fit. (she is growing like a chubby weed!) Dh lost his job because he decided to be an idiot and I don't start mine for two weeks. Which has fallen on the same day we are losing our home (24th) I need to find cheap (used is fine) baby clothes 11-12 moths shoes and cloth diapers. (she uses disposable but we could afford bills better if we switched) does anyone on here have a store on etsy or anything selling your used baby clothes?
If so please PM me the link so I can look on there, I have 22 dollars and I am hoping to find atleast 2 more onesies and a pair of shoes for her. Or atleast I can save the link for when I get paid, thanks!

It doesn't matter if they are handmade or bought or used,or lightly stained I will look at and buy anything that is affordable.
Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Try thredup.com. also check any second hand stores like goodwill in your area. If you have a big wheels to butterflies or once upon a child near you, they sell used baby/kids clothes, toys, equipment/furniture.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2annaliese
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Thanks SO Much! Thredup looks awesome!

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

Try thredup.com. also check any second hand stores like goodwill in your area. If you have a big wheels to butterflies or once upon a child near you, they sell used baby/kids clothes, toys, equipment/furniture.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Where are you located? Try salvation army, low income ministry, churches. If you're on facebook, look for an online garage sale page.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:20 PM
cregslist..
KRIZZ25
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:20 PM
mabie tride wth someone ..stuff u have for stuff u need.
Jasuzha
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Try flipsize.com. They were marking down all their smaller sizes to $.99 a piece. Smaller sizes being anything under 18 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
murphysmom123
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Of course!  Yard sales, Craig's List, eBay, etsy, newspaper ads, Goodwill/Salvation Army/second hand stores to give you a few starting points.  You can also check with bulletin boards at daycare/preK centers.  Good luck!  Hugs!       Murphy's Mommy

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Thredup is pretty much a rip off now.

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

mommy2annaliese
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Really?

Quoting splatz:

Thredup is pretty much a rip off now.

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Your best bet is to buy locally vs online. Shipping prices tend to kill the "deals" you will find online. Where are you located? 
Check local thrift or consignment stores. You can always find good deals on the smaller sizes because people tend to buy TONS when kiddos are little. You can usually find cheap shoes at kids consignment stores. She really only needs one good pair for once she starts walking. So you could cut out unecessary spending there. 

As far as cloth diapers... The cheapest way to go would be covers & prefolds. Cotton Babies sells a really affordable kind called Econobum and they have free shipping.  http://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php?cPath=138

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)