Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Makes me a little upset

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:20 PM
  • 5 Replies

So as I posted before on the 28th I am doing the Light The Night 5k walk. My first ever! Anyways, I created a team and have been trying to get the word out for a few months now yet not one person has donated to me! I know times are tough but I watched my best friend die from lukemia. I have seen it first hand and I would donate in a minute to such causes! I am just upset that after posting it time and time again on fb and such no one has donated a penny. Its for a great cause! : (

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM

=( hoping some of your friends and family will come through for you!

cjsix
There are many ups and downs through out a marriage and our lives but,if we fight for what we care about most we can make it and find our hearts home <3
Yesterday at 3:02 AM
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 6:36 PM

huggingHugs Momma....What you are doing is a good thing in memory of someone very special to you...keep trying and maybe see if any of the businesses around you would allow you to place a jar near their registers. 

DixieFlower
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM

So sorry :(

Knightquester
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry about your friend, I have a friend close to me that are suffering from mixed connective tissue disease, fibromyalgia, and lymphoma and she's my age with three beautiful little girls.

My husband, children and I are doing the same Light the Night walk that will be going on next month.  The most we can get donated is what friends and family will donate, mostly family because they want the children to know they support their efforts to spread the word and help with their cause.

I would go to local businesses and talk to the closest family you have about the example you're trying to set for your children.  Most importantly don't get upset or discouraged with the lack of donations.  Even if you get no donations and it's just you that goes out there and walks, and donates it's one more person that cared than if you had given up and decided to not bother.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM

im sorry 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)