Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

The neighbor is creeping me out....he knows I am spoken for.

Posted by   + Show Post

The neighbors next door are divorcing.  They are a rather quiet family.  Today at lunch, the guy neighbor came over and started talking to me, having a melt down about he has no money, etc.  I am spoken for, am friends with the lady next door.  I dont want to be rude to him, but I have a boyfriend and want to keep him.  What do I do?  What do I say?

by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:51 AM
2 moms liked this

This is about all you can do. Be honest!

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I'd say that you don't think it's appropriate to hang out.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Divorce is hard on everyone. Let him know you understand this, but then gently remind him that you are spoken for. I'm almost positive that he isn't looking for anyone right now. But you never know. 

Otherwise,  I can't think of anything else.

lisajo76
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Maybe he has no other friends? Either way, if you're uncomfortable just tell him you would feel better if he spoke to someone else about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Agreed.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I can't really offer any advice since I don't see anything wrong with being friends with another man while "spoken for".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeaHound
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM
I feel the same way. I try to be polite without leading anyone on.

Quoting Ladybug1260:

That's just my way of thinking.  I dont feel comfortable talking to other guys as friends when spoken for. 

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

so because you have a boyfriend you cant be a friend to another of the opposite sex?  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
So because he came over to vent... that mean he interested in you?? Maybe he just wanted someone to confide in, did he mention you, coming to his place, for a candlelight dinner?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I agree also.

Quoting splatz:

Agreed.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I can't really offer any advice since I don't see anything wrong with being friends with another man while "spoken for".

rayroe2
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I would just say, I am sorry I cant help you much I hope things get better for you.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:01 PM

It doesn't sound like he was trying to pick you up. To me it sounds like he needed a shoulder to cry on. 

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I'm confused as to why your BF would leave you b/c another man is venting to you?

Just tell him you wish him the best but you don't want to be involved in this mess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN