Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Hopeful!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM
  • 8 Replies

I'm trying to find a nanny and I'm having such a difficult time.  I'm a first time mother, my daughter just turned 2 and I worry about everything!  I can't imagine this is much help to my search.  Can someone give me some some helpful advice or possible recommendations?

Thanks ; )

by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RomesMomma
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

:) 

SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 12:33 AM

how about sittercity?

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Make sure you get references.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 14, 2012 at 11:02 AM
I'm no help but here is a bump!

Good luck finding someone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Itzy0ll0tl
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 11:11 AM

good luck, thats a tough road to walk :) TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS

snuggiewoogie
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I hope you find the right one :)

IndigoRose
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Hmm...  I've heard that there is a difference in the job "Nanny" and "Babysitter".  A friend of mine who advertised for a "Nanny" was asked by the prospective job applicant how much time she would be asked to spend in the States with the family and how much time overseas at, perhaps, the families European villa...

salamandersmom
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM

What kind of nanny are you looking for?  That helps, to figure out what you really want.  Obviously someone who loves kids... but, are you looking for a young person with high energy, or an older one to act like a grandparent?  A live in, or one that comes during the day?  A girl or a guy?  (yes, there are more guys out there now, working as "mannies".)  There are placement agencies, if you want to go that route.  They usually do background checks, and will help match you up with someone who will work well for you. 

Of course, there are also daycare centers, or you could do a home daycare....  and even with that there are large centers with lots of kids, or small ones with just an adult and a couple of kids. 

But, interview, interview, interview.  If something makes you nervous, listen to your instincts. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)