Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creepy Husband Watched Wife's Every Move for Months Without Her Knowing

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:48 PM
  • 16 Replies

Creepy Husband Watched Wife's Every Move for Months Without Her Knowing

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on September 14, 2012 at 1:11 PM

cameraMove over creepy dude living in his ex-girlfriend's attic, we now have "husband who filmed his wife -- and other friends and relatives -- for months via all sorts of hidden cameras and microphones." Isn't it a great time to be alive?!

During her divorce proceedings in 2009, Catherine Zang learned that her husband Joseph didn't merely use some jank built-in computer webcam to see what she was up to all day long, but instead allegedly had a hidden video camera installed in their home, which tracked her every move; a microphone behind the wall, which recorded her every sound; and software in the computer, which copied her every email and instant message.

I'm thinking Joseph isn't one to take part in the "trust fall" exercise at the company retreat.

Catherine and Joseph's divorce became final this year, but the drama is still playing out in U.S. District Court. Two lawsuits involving friends and relatives, and a company that produces computer monitoring software, are currently going on. Javier Luis, a Florida man who sued after learning his online conversations with Catherine Zang were monitored, said: "I haven’t seen anything like this before. It’s scary."

It is, scary, Javier. But the thing is, apparently, this is a lot more common than we realize. Lawyers and experts in all things privacy-related are saying that the reason this case is the exception -- is because it's a case at all. Most of the time, people never find out about being spied on, or are too embarrassed to challenge it on a legal level. That's comforting.

I may be old fashioned, but I'm of the mind that if you're really suspicious of someone, particularly your spouse, just confront them. And if they don't cop to whatever suspicious thing you're accusing them of, as suspicious people are wont to do, try to just ... read them. If it seems like they're lying, then beat it. If not, drop it. (I realize things aren't always this cut and dried, and more drastic measures may need to be taken if you suspect your wife is cheating on you -- but you hear what I'm saying, right? Installing all sorts of elaborate surveillance equipment really is ... a bit much.)

So, to add a little creep factor to your weekend, marinate on this: You could be being watched right now -- and have no clue whatsoever. Not a great feeling, right? Pretty ooky. I mean, you're probably not, but you definitely might be. So, just to cover your ass, you best be on your best behavior.

What do you think of this?

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snuggiewoogie
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Ugh! Super Duper Creepy!

kittiecat88
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Omg that's like a million violations! Trust and privacy are two big ones!!! Yikes...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 4:16 PM
I found out something very similar during my divorce.

It backfired though because then he couldn't produce any proof for all of his elaborate and unfounded accusations.

SUPER creepy and very definitely pathetic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I think it's sad that relationships have come to this :(

Jasmine925
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM

That is just freaking creepy. I mean its one thing to have my DF using the findmyiphone app when I'm traveling with the kids (mine and his) and I get to caught up in traveling and forget to call if we make a stop or get to our destination and forget to call. But this just pushes all the wrong buttons.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 15, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Creepo!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like a Lifetime movie. lol

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 15, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Super creepy!

Donna689
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 6:17 PM

What kind of CREEP, with a capital C, treats someone he loved by SPYING on them 24 hours a day? 

Sounds to me like some kind of ulterior motive long term to set his wife up because he had other plans in mind!  What a control freak! It's like he thinks he owned her like a slave or something. That guy is a pervert that has some really sicko issues. Home is about feeling safe and secure, not violated by someone she loved watching her every move, every conversation, every email, every web page she went to. That's just a different level of raping someone in my opinion. It's time that men finally realized women are NOT property that they can treat however poorly they deem fit. They are equals and to be treated with respect, the same as any other human being. If you have no more respect than to rape the one you loved and had children with, get out of the marriage you SICKO. Time to put your big boy panties on learn how to act like a mature grown up. Obviously that has eluded him so far.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:14 PM

That's what I thought too lol.

Quoting Janet:

It sounds like a Lifetime movie. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)