Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I don't know why people do the things they do?

I have a stepson. Now I don't go around telling people. This is my stepson. I've been his mom since he was three. His real mom lives 3000 miles away. I do everything for my son. He is 14 now and plays football. Yesterday I posted on fb clotting about my sons game and how well he played. ( yes I'm friends on fb with his bio mom). If she wanted to comment on my status she could of just said something to support her son like way to go. Good job ect. But instead she felt the need to comment so off track of my post just so she can tell all my friends I'm not his mom just his step mom. Does she think any of them even care. The ones that know me well know he's my step son but also know I do everything for him but I don't go on fb downing her about what she don't do for him. Why does she feel the need to tell the world he's not mine even though I do everything for him. I help him with his homework. I go to every football game. She has not been to one since he was 5. But I don't tell the world that. The post was just to tell my son he played a great game and I'm proud. I don't think she had any right smh it just makes me so mad. I don't know why
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Replies (21-23):
PEEK05
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Sounds like she's insecure.  Just ignore her.

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 2:27 PM

This!! 

Quoting Dinosaurspiders:

I think its wonderful that you see your stepson as your own child. There is nothing wrong with that, and everything right with it. I was raised by my mother and my stepfather....well thats wrong, he was Dad!! Biological or not that was my dad, and I am so lucky to have him as my father. It may be understandable that she is jealous, or possessive of her role as biological mom but that was completely rude of her to use your post as an opportunity to advertise it. She could have just said, "Woo! Thats our boy." Or something. However don't let this stress you out too much, its just one person's comment, and your friends and family understand the situation. They know, you know, and he knows: You are not stepmom, you are mom. You have earned that right and despite her callous words, she can't take that status away from you. 

undefined

landon0716
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 6:23 PM

if she is not in her life that is her prob and she needs to grow up ur his mom weather u gve birth to him or not because you yave raised him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN