Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

A Pregnant Mom?

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm pregnant. I have a one year old daughter. I'm afraid for when I get bigger. My hubby is always working. My daughter walks but she is NOT AT ALL graceful. (my poor clumsy baby lol) She also loves to rough play. I live on the third floor of my apartment building. I'm afraid for something to go wrong.. Like an emergency and having to carry my 21 lb daughter down three flights of stairs while being 6 months pregnant. Not even only for emergancies but just if I have to go out in general... I havent told my parents about me being pregnant again because I'm in college and working and I know they will flip espiecially since they've been telling me now is not a good time for another baby... Otherwise I would stay with her... But even if she did know I dont think my hubby would like me staying at my moms house that is an hour drive away.... Suggestions? Comments? Help?

surrender

by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Congrats. Try not to worry. When you have to go up and down the stairs just hold your dd's hand, have her walk and go slow. Everything will be ok =)

SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:59 PM

In an emergency, you'll do what you have to do b/c that fight or flight mechanism will take over.  Congrats and I hope your family will be supportive of your pregnancy!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Congrats!!!

TeaHound
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:11 PM
This is what I did with my first two when preggers with my third; my oldest turned 4 over a month after the birth).
Unless ther are specific complications, I don't think splitting up the family to stay at your mom's is really going to help as much as you might hope or expect.
About telling your family, you and your dh should just de ide when you're ready for them (or anyone else) to know.

Quoting goddess99:

Congrats. Try not to worry. When you have to go up and down the stairs just hold your dd's hand, have her walk and go slow. Everything will be ok =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Congrats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM

take it from me.   If there is an emergency, you wont even notice your dd's weight.  Our house nearly burnt down when i was 31 weeks along with dd.  ds was 40 lbs and I ran out the door with him and three comforters and pillows in my arms.  I didnt even notice the weight since my only thought was on getting out and to the car.  Can your dd walk down the stairs on her own if you hold her hand?  It is something she needs to learn, now is a good time to teach her.  as for the rest of what needs to get done: do what you can, and leave the rest for later.  listen to your body's signals and stop when yo need to.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:38 PM
You will learn to manage to tote her around. Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
salamandersmom
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Take a deep breath.  Rejoice that you are pregnant, and enjoy each day, and your wonderful baby daughter.  Take one day at a time.  That's the only way to get thru life, anyway.  One single day at a time.  Don't worry about tomorrow too much.  Tomorrow will have worries all of it's own.  Just focus on today.  Right now.  I know it feels overwhelming.  (Have five kids, and some days I want to just stand and scream bloody murder.  What the hell was I thinking, thinking that FIVE KIDS was a good idea?!?!?!)  But they are mostly grown now.  And, I miss the days of them all being young.  Even the time DS3 (3 of 5) knocked me down the basement stairs, while "racing".  I could tell you stories that would scare the pants off you.  But, you don't need that right now, not even the FUNNY - in hindsight - stories.   Like the rocket ship story.  OH, who cares.  I'll tell you, and you can LAUGH.  Laughter goes a long way to making you feel better.  (Keep your sense of humor.  You're going to need it.) 

It happened years ago, my oldest boy was just a little tyke, barely able to talk.  He was a late speaker, so he must have been about four years old.  (He's 23 now, and this is my most favorite story about him, the one that makes him scared of me narcing him out.  BWA-HA-HA-HA!!!!)  So, I had a friend over, and we were sitting in the kitchen, having a cup of tea and some cake.  And talking.  Suddenly, there is buzzing noise.  And, DS1 romps into the kitchen with his arm extended over his head.  And the buzzing noise is coming from his hand, as he runs in circles around the table.  And as I am about to DIE of embarassment, he yells "Look at my ROCKET SHIP, Mommy!!"  Of course I can't look away, I'm horrified.  And, my friend looks over, too.... and she explodes with laughter, as I am PRAYING that the floor will open up and swallow me...  Because what does DS1 have in his hand??  MY VIBRATOR.  OMG. 

So, smile.  It could be worse.  May you never step on a lego, or have a rocket ship story of your own. 

yellownes8
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Relax! Everything will be okay! I'm a single mom of 3 kids...my oldest just turned 3 last month, my middle is 22 months and my baby is 4 months. I manage just fine! If I can do it so can you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Well whats done is done and your parents will learn to get over it. Stop stressing and try to relax!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)