Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What Are Your Biggest Fears For Your Children

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 6:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

When they become adults?

by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DixieL
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM

My son is grown, so I'm afraid he isn't going to stay happy with his life. He has only been married for three years, and he has already told his dad and me that he wanted to get a divorce. He changed his mind, but I don't believe his marriage is going to last. I'm also afraid for his health. I pray that he has good health.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM

That she won't be able to support herself.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM
That they won't have the confidence to live their lives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NicLof2
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:39 PM
For my eldest that he will turn into his father and grand father. His father hated his grandfather when we married and swore he'd never be like him then he turned into him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Terminal illness.

MeAndTommyLee
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:45 PM

My biggest fear for my children is that they place material wealth over happiness, equality and morality.  In a world that is obsessed with money and materials, I want them to retain the values and good judgment that we instilled in them.   Being good, honest, honorable and compassionate is more `valuable' than anything you can ever own.

salamandersmom
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Oh, wow.  Well, first off, my kids are mostly grown.  When they were small, I wanted them to grow up and be doctors and lawyers and successful.  Now I just want them to be HAPPY.  No matter job they have or where they live, just that they are happy  and surrounded by people who truly love them.

For Daughter 1, age 24.  (25th BD on Friday)  I want that she can have the child she dreams of, or that God gives her the abiltiy to not be angry and bitter that her husband can't father a child and doesn't want one, either.  My hugest fear for her is that I was right.... that the "fun" guy she married (11 years older than her) just about four years ago when she was 21 (dated him since she was 19) is not seeming so "fun" now that he's in his late 30s and she's in her mid 20s.  She's outgrown the "partying" lifestyle and wants to settle down to home and family, and he still wants to party like a 20 year old rock star.  I see her realizing that what seemed "fun" five years ago is just another word for "shiftless and lazy" today.  (he doesn't want to work, recently quit his job and hasn't bothered to get off the couch to look for a new one, while she's struggling to work to pay the bills.)  I already see the divorce on the horizon, because he can't seem to keep his... ummm... junk in his pants with other girls, and she is growing increasingly depressed and unhappy.  She's coming to realize his definition of "faithful" is way different than hers.  She's starting to have to realize that he's not going to change, and is starting to have to stop making excuses for him. 

For Son 1, age 23.  That he finds a way to be happy, that he gets the education he wants to do the job he dreams of.  That he stops de-railing and sabotaging himself just when he starts to get good things going.  That he finds a girl who really loves him for the quirky person he is, and who can help him be the best person he can be.  That he can dig his way out of debt, cleaning up one mess before he starts another one.  (student loans)  I love the boy, but this is the one I worry most will never be able to be self-sufficient, the one I can see still living at home at age 50!! 

For Daughter 2, age 21.  That she stops partying so hard.  That she gets to be comfortable being herself and not pretending to be someone she isn't, and learns to live within her means.  I hope she finds a guy to love, and has the family she hopes for.  And that she survives her Army time as a combat medic.  (what is it with my kids and dangerous military jobs???)  And most especially, that she doesn't turn into my sister, whom she idolizes, and who is a completely nasty person!! 

Son 2, age 19.  This is the one that brings me to tears every single day.  Even though I love ALL of my kids, I can objectively see that he's the best and the brightest of the lot.  He's brilliant mechanically.  He's artistic.  He thinks outside the box, can make leaps of logic that stun me.  And I'm no slouch in the brains department.  He can get THERE from HERE without much thought or effort.  He's got a wonderful, easy going personality, unlike the high maintence personalities of the other kids.   I am praying and praying and praying that the time he has to serve yet in the Army as an infantry 240 gunner, a dangerous job, goes uneventfully, and that he comes home from Afghanistan relatively unscarred both physically - but mostly - mentally.  I pray that God doesn't take him away too soon.   It would be a huge loss to have all that raw talent wasted, not to mention that I don't want to have to bury my son.  I'm trying not to borrow trouble, but I'm so scared for him...  ;o(  I want him to be happy and find love and live a long, long life. 

For Son 3, age 17.  That he become the young man that he is supposed to be.  That he finds a way out of teenage angst and into contented adulthood.  That he finds love and happiness, and fulfillment in whatever job he goes into.  He's a good boy, but worries too much. 

JessicaM90
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

He wont be happy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)