Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

barbies

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 2:32 AM
  • 22 Replies

So I have pets an the new puppy destroyed one barbies arm an anothers hand. So instead of trashing them I cut off the messed up part made it soft with a box cutter an explained to my dd that sometimes in life people are missing some parts. I think its a great lesson and if I could make a fat barbie I would I have a cancer barbie to.

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NicLof2
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this
That's a neat way to teach and save barbie. If another one gets old you can make a cancer survivor Barbie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Cool idea.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Interesting.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:54 PM

We too have dolls missing body parts.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Here too...

Quoting goddess99:

We too have dolls missing body parts.

WyledBunch
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I think that's a really nice idea. In fact, we did that with one of my daughter's favorite dolls when she was little. Our puppy chewed all the doll's fingers off so we wrapped them with bandages and she became a special needs baby.

Are you, or will you be, a mom of three?
Join us at Terrific Trio!

hippiechik3
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM

lol

Quoting WyledBunch:

I think that's a really nice idea. In fact, we did that with one of my daughter's favorite dolls when she was little. Our puppy chewed all the doll's fingers off so we wrapped them with bandages and she became a special needs baby.

Knightquester
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 8:38 PM

When our dog went through the puppy teething phase my girls were into barbies and we did pretty much the same thing.  I said the same thing, that sometimes in life that happens.

I know that my girls loved those dolls the most, they had back stories as to how they lost their hand or leg and they would come up with how their barbie figured out how to do things w/o this or that limb.

LanaTsunami
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 8:41 PM
They have a cancer Barbie made. Idk when or where but I know it's out there
Itzy0ll0tl
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:19 AM

thats an awesome Idea, I made dd give away the ones that had been destroyed by our puupy.. why didnt }i think of that!!! or read your porst 2 months earlier :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)