Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about family..?? Edit

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:36 PM
  • 21 Replies
Hello guys I need advice about family. I was molested by an uncle for as long as I can remember (on my moms side)when I was young and it almost went to court ( when inwas in 8th grad) by my parent took the plea bargain so I wouldn't have to face him. Everything was really hard because a lot of my moms side o the family took his side and didnt belive that he did it. That uncle is out of jail and now I am talking to my few members of my moms family an we have a relationship but how do I make it clear that I don't want that uncle around my son and I don't them talking about that uncle around him. I want it to be like my son dosent know he exists.

So this is the advice I need: how do I make it know that unfit want my son around him or them to talk about him around my son??

Any advice would really be helpful. Plz don't bash!!
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Strega
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Tell them flat-out, don't sugarcoat it because you don't have to. I don't blame you a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:40 PM

just tell them like you told us... thats all :) if they cant respect that than they arent good to have around anyways!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I'm a very blunt person and if it was me I would straight up tell them that you don't want your son around him. If they don't like it oh well. 

Knightquester
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 5:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Tell them, just be bluntly honest, you have that right and as an adult they should respect you.

I have family members my children are not allowed around and I let my family know that.  If I suspect they won't respect my wishes then I won't leave my children unsupervised with that family member, and if they don't respect my wishes to my face after I've told them how I feel then I have nothing to do with them.  I can't make people be the way I want to, or do things the way I want to, but if they disrespect me and it can affect my children in a negative way then they are out of my life.

salamandersmom
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I know what you mean.  I refused to let my kids be around my grandfather or uncle, who were molesters.  I had moved away when I went into the USAF, and didn't go back until my grandfather had passed away. 

ChristiBelle
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 8:34 PM
This

Quoting Strega:

Tell them flat-out, don't sugarcoat it because you don't have to. I don't blame you a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I would just flat out say it to them!

cl1998
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I think you can make it clear by just out right telling them!!!  You and your child should never ever have to go through something that!!!

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:26 PM
agreed

Quoting Strega:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:11 AM

I agree with everyone else. Just tell them how you feel. You were the one that was hurt by all this. If they refuse to believe you or don't like it, so be it. Your son is much more important than they are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)