Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

what to do what to do

Posted by   + Show Post
We need a crib for my pumpkin and since we have no money its tearing me apart:/ any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Replies (11-17):
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM
They never stay in them very long. I totally skipped the bassinet and did a pack n play with the infant insert part with both kiddos. Do you have any friends that have kids? Maybe they could let you borrow a pack n play until you can find/afford a cheap crib? Walmart does have some really cheap ones. My daughters is a gorgeous convertible crib. With the crib, mattress, and tax it was under $150.

Quoting blanckah:

Hes gonna be six months and we have a basinet but hes starting to try to stand up in it. We had to lower it

Quoting splatz:

How old is baby, by the way?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blanckah
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Thanks ladies:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
salamandersmom
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Thrift store.  Or check with other good-will things.  Check on-line.  There is this thing = can't remember what it's called, sorry about that!! - where you can get free stuff that people want to give away.  I'm going to KEEP mine, because some day I hope to have grandbabies... BUt lots of people don't have storage space and will give theirs away when they don't need one anymore.

minnie31mouse
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I agree with freecycle or goodwill...also talk to your pregnancy crisis shelters or local churches...if there is a need..they find a way!  Good luck honey!

Mandamom1
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 5:14 PM
I would check out goodwill, also once upon a child or other resale shops like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I agree with checking freecycle and craigslist. However, really check over the crib to make sure that it's safe too. I had thrown out a crib last year because it just wasn't safe anymore and there wasn't anything that could be done to make it safe. I saw a pregnant mom stop to look at it. I informed her that I was throwing it away because it wasn't safe and explained to her what was wrong with it.  After she left I broke it down into even smaller pieces so no one else might think it was a useable crib.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Id use the layaway ay babies r us. Theres no up front fees unlike Walmart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN