Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Can dogs be vindictive?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

I'm asking because my dog peed on my $4,000 bed last Friday night.

The bed is 4 years old.

Friday night my SO and I left our dog home alone and before we left we made sure he went outside to pee and then we left him inside the house. 

We didn't get back until around 8am and we came home just long enough to let our dog out and made sure he had water and food. then we got dressed and then left again.

it wasn't until saturday evening that i realized he peed on our bed. he's never peed on our bed before. never, never. he's peed in the house while he was in the process of being potty trained but never on our bed.

it wasn't just a little pee, enough to mark his territory, or anything like that. it was a nice big pee, like he was relieving his bladder type pee.

so was he peeing on our bed out of spite?

he's 13 months old. he turned a year old the day after father's day.

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
wifeynmommie80
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Yes they can. Similar story,  I have a poodle, very sweet very smart, but if you upset her she will do things like that. For instance.  This past few days, I been putting her in the laundry room for a few hours the other day, before I left, because she actually ate toilet paper, oh and neosporin (another story for another time).  Anyways that night, she went upstairs to our bed and pooed and peed all over it.  She also made a point to pee all over the clothes in the laundry room too.  She was mad. She is pretty pampered so it was a shock to get put in there. Not the first time though, I remember her doing this before when she was a about 3 years old,  But yes dogs will do that.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:03 AM

He might have a bladder infection. Is he peeing more than usual? You might want to get him checked.

Our female had a bad sphincter muscle and she would pee and not even feel it in her sleep.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I might put him in a crate while you're gone.

Kaya529
by Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)