Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

13 Meaningful Tattoos Parents Got to Honor Their Kids

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM
  • 31 Replies

13 Meaningful Tattoos Parents Got to Honor Their Kids

Posted by Michele Zipp on September 18, 2012 at 2:48 PM

tattoo for sonPeople get tattoos for all sorts of reasons -- some of those reasons are awesome and others are mistakes that end up covered up by more ink or an expensive and painful trip to get laser removal. Getting some ink to honor your kid, however, is absolutely a forever kind of thing. Essentially risk-free unless you end up with an evil little bugger in which case your tattoo will serve to remind you of a time you had a little sweet child o'mine.

I gathered up some dads and moms with tattoos who went under the needle to get something to honor their child. Some are sweet and simple, some intricate, all symbolic.

Tim is a father to two boys. He got these blocks for his son Aidan. And he also got a train with his son Samuel's name spelled out in the cars. Check out that photo and more parents with tattoos ....

Tiffany has her little peas in a pod.

This symbol is a twist on Andrea's son Tyler's horoscope sign -- Capricorn -- which he shares with his mom. Tyler's middle name Frederick is also Andrea's dad's name, who passed away when she was 13. Very meaningful.

Ginger has three hearts for the three babies who own hers.

Joye's butterflies are for her kids. The dragonfly is for her husband.

How sweet that the kids can see their little handprint on dad Art's arm -- it's like they will always be daddy's little girl to him.

Christina got this for her son Mikael and it's tribal for "first born."

And this one is for her younger son Jaiden who is a Taurus.

Below is the tattoo my husband got for our son, Hunter Johan. It's a banner that wraps around to show the tattoo he got for our daughter, Penelope Jolene.

The Day of the Dead skull lady is for me. The top tattoo is his last name and family crest. It's what he calls the family arm.

This is on my forearm. H in a designed heart for Hunter.

And P on the other side of the same forearm for Penelope.

Do you have a tattoo for your kid? Would you get one?

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bethy16
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM
I have the foot prints of our daughter that was still born on my wrist. I have my sons name on the inside of my left leg,my middle daughters leg on the outside of the same leg,and my sons hebrew name on my lower back. On Tuesday I am getting my babies name on the inside of my right leg :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaZate
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:47 PM

This is for one of my twins, born too soon. I have a matching one fire his twin sister and my oldest's footprints on my side
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I have my dd's name in her writing on my wrist.

mari1960724
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

no i would never get one but my daughter wants one and i said that the day she gts one is the day she barrys me under the land i hate them and it gives us canser.

MichelleMc
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

This is for my husband & my son. My husband served in the Navy & My son has joined the army. We are all a very patriotic family also. 

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I have my sons name. I still haven't gotten dd's name. I want to some how work the two together. Just haven't figured out how yet. 

Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I plan to get once to symbolize my children once I have them all.

mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM
I have all three of the kiddos names on my wrists/forearm. DH has the girls' names in kanji on his forearms. He's still working out logistics for placement for DS's name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:04 AM

No, I wouldn't. It's just not my thing.

koomama
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:41 AM
I want to! I have 2 boys and I've been thinkin bout gettin their names on my right shoulder blade for a long time now but I wanna have more kids and so I'm trying to wait until I'm finished having kids and getting a really nice piece on my ribs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)