Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Please pray, feeling beat down. (OT)

So my DH just started a new job yesterday after having been home for about 2 months after his knee surgery. We are 2 months behind on our bills and have been scraping by, thanking we are on housing though so our rent is not a problem just utilities. Anyways, he started yesterday but got sent home today about an hour ago because hes on a  big construction site and didn't have steel toed boots. We just took our PS3 into the pawn shop for gas and other things and now hes taking our tv and games so he can get money to get boots and gas so he can continue to work and we have money until he gets paid on the 28th. Hes really getting depressed and we are both very discouraged. It seems like anytime something good starts to happen something always goes wrong. We REALLY need the break and the income to catch up on bills and be able to take care of our 3 kids. Please pray for us that things finally work out this time and that for once we can have at least a few months of things working out and being able to get caught up on everything again. Maybe even a short time of not having to live paycheck to paycheck and pray we have enough gas for him to make it to work. Sorry I just needed to talk to someone about all this other than DH, I dont know anyone where we live and barely know anyone back home too. Just really need some things to go right for a bit and things to be somewhat easy for a short time. Im so worn out.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Replies (11-16):
DixieFlower
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:27 PM

It will get better.

jenrae10
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 5:53 PM
I know its easier said done but please do your best to be positive and keep the faith. We've been there so many times. My husband has an excellent career roofing but he was laid off for 9 mths straight last yr! Then had a 7 week strike after that! I feel ur pain. It does get better. He picketed everyday for 7 weeks and now he has an amazing company he's working for from all the recommendations he has gotten for sticking it out! Praise God in good times and in bad. Remember its not about waiting for the storm to pass, its learning how to dance in the rain! :)
shauna.robinson
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Thanks. I try really hard to and I normally do it just gets very tiring. Taking care of my 3 boys who are all under 2 and trying to stay positive. I know its all in Gods plan and his timing, I just wish his timing was now lol Things are starting to get better. He is back to work, a good paying job. Its easier when hes working cause I can do stuff arounjd the house and get other things done plus he is happier. Just have to get through the next week and he gets his first paycheck. Hopefully soon the boys and I can start doing more too and having a womens/moms bible study/playdate at our house. Thanks for your encouragement. I need more people in my life that understand and believe how I do, more moms in general.

Quoting jenrae10:

I know its easier said done but please do your best to be positive and keep the faith. We've been there so many times. My husband has an excellent career roofing but he was laid off for 9 mths straight last yr! Then had a 7 week strike after that! I feel ur pain. It does get better. He picketed everyday for 7 weeks and now he has an amazing company he's working for from all the recommendations he has gotten for sticking it out! Praise God in good times and in bad. Remember its not about waiting for the storm to pass, its learning how to dance in the rain! :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

OliviasMommy611
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:26 PM
That's awful I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:26 PM
And prayers for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momw2teens522
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Saying prayers for u~ trust in  God that hhe will be with u throughout this hard bumpy patch,.Hugs to you and boys.Twins? How special!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)