Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
I am really looking into buying a house and i am trying to get some tips and suggestions. I am looking at $60,000 . I have a full time job have about 5000 in cc. And 32,000 in student loans. Are my chances good to get a loan. I am stuck at this point
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM
We own ours but it's a cheap trailer. Lol. My sil has 100k in debt and got a house. However she had to go back to school (working on a third degree), and her dad had to help her out. She's struggling immensely to pay for everything now. I suggest paying down debt a bit more, even if it's setting half a student loan payment in savings every month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Yes, we do

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM
We rent. :(

I agree with the other posters on trying to lower your existing debt some first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WonderWomanSV
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:23 PM

We rent. We aren't planning on buying for years...... I like the renting aspect for the fact that we don't have to pay for the big things....plumbing, electrical problems...large kitchen appliancies, furnance and a/c replacement....It's all taken care of.  I am alo avoiding my student loans. I keep telling mysef to pay it, but something else always comes up.

OliviasMommy611
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:26 PM
We own. If I were you I would pay cc off first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Strega
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Yes, we own.

Luckily when I bought my first House with my ex-Husband years ago, we had absolutely no debt to count against us. 

I'd definitely recommend trying to pay off some of yours--it'll bite you when you apply for a Mortgage.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

msjoecool
by New Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Where do you live?  What kind of house is that?  Home prices are better here than SoCal, but I haven't seen that price.

We bought our first house in April 2002.  Our last house closed in April 2012.  We've been in a crappy rental house, but the house we're buying closes in a few days.  I cannot wait to have our own home again. 

msjoecool
by New Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Quoting lauren26805:

because i would of never went to school.. Such a waste... 

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:03 PM
We own are house...we might re fiance n make are payment lower too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Sorry, I don't know what your chances are at this point.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)