Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

how do i....

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM
  • 10 Replies
Tactfully not invite bils gf to our wedding. We are getting married at the courthouse in the next couple months, and are having a reception on dec 15. I do not like stb bils gf, or her kids. I suppose it would be ok the have her there, but I do not want her kids there. They are obnoxious destructive little monsters (and I hate to say it, but I think she is a terrible mother) and I DO NOT want them there. How do I not invite her kids (and hopefully her) when other peoples kids are welcome to attend?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Thats a tough one and sadly you might just have to come out and say it!

sleepymommy87
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Well I mean she's not family so you're not really under any family obligation (not that you would be obligated if she was family but that's harder to get away from lol) so I would just tell her flat out. It's your day, your rules.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I don't really think there's a tactful way to say it.  I'd maybe talk to your BIL about it first?  Just let him know that you'd prefer her children not attend the wedding.  I have a feeling though, you're going to just have to come right out and say you don't want them there.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Tell your BIL or your DH to be you don't want them there. That's about all you can do. Hope they don't get mad.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Oo that's hard. I'd talk to your fiance or bil about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Deryni28
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I would talk to your fiance about it first. Technically he should be the ones to tell them you don't want her kids or her there. Since it is his brother. But if you have to be the one to end up telling the brother in law, I would try to be nice when saying it but tell him the real reason. I think it's better to be direct with people.

Vixcalamity
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:21 AM
This. I think it's going to cause a stink no matter what. GL.

Quoting Pammi86:

Thats a tough one and sadly you might just have to come out and say it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:34 AM
I see that as ending badly no matter how you do it.

Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Hope you're able to work things out...hugs..

furbabymum
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM

You can't without being a bitch. Don't make more in law drama than you have to. I'm not fond of my SIL or her kids. They're monsters too, but I tolerate them when I have to because I love my husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)