Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My husband took my child away from me

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:54 AM
  • 48 Replies

Hi!Everyone,

I am from India and I have a 3 yr old son and I love him with all my heart (u all know just the feeling).On the past Monday afternoon my husband and I had a little quarrel but it was nothing serious and lasted only about 20 minutes.After that, while I was in the shower, my husband  told me he was taking our son to the nearby 10 minutes walk from home shop.I cooked dinner and wondered where they went since it was already about one and a half hours since they left. Then,I remembered we needed some other things and started ringing his cell.He picked up my call after the fifth time and I asked him to get us the items.It was then that he told me where they went and when I asked  whether they were coming home soon he told me that they were never coming back and started shouted,yelling,screaming at me at the top of his voice.I was so shocked since I didn't even know the reason of him doing things like that and I still don't.He made me feel like the most horrible person on this earth! I called his mum right after and she said she'd call back later but she never did.When I reached her again she said that her son and grandson were staying with them and when I offered to get my son she told me there was no need. I was devastated, I still am. Tuesday night came and she called me just to say my son is okay. I miss him so much. I can hardly breathe, I was hoping they'd invite me to stay too but they never did and when I said I was coming to take him home they wouldn't hear of it and told me that my husband was angry at me for something. Today is Thursday and still no word from my husband or his parents. Oh!they said that we should be separated but not divorced for a while. I cannot think of a reason for all this mess they put me in.I am a full-time mum and it's driving me crazy to be separated from my son.He still needs me so much and I really don't know what to do.Should I seek a legal advise or wait for another week and if they still don't allow me to take my child after that I should just go and take him from them forcefully?.I am desperate and I don't want any of my friends to know about my situation yet.Please advise me on how to go about with this.What should I do?

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jacqalyn
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:01 AM
2 moms liked this
I would seek help now. If anything just to let someone else know, just in case. You never know what else he has planned.
corypuii
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Thanks for ur advise.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Call the police and see if they can help. If not you may need to get a lawyer. If it were me I would have been over that house with the police.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd file a report with the police as soon as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thecoffeefairy
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:01 AM
It's not illegal for the dad to take your son. I would see an attorney because it sounds like he plans on keeping your son. You have rights too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
masonsmommy107
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Call the police and and tell them what's going on have them meet you at were your husband and son are and have the police go in with you while you go in and get your son so his family can't stop you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

((Hugs)) Good luck to you

Deryni28
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this

They can NOT keep you from your son unless there are papers signed that say so. You have every right to do so and if they are not at least willing to let you see your son I would either call the police or a lawyer or both.  Yes the father can take your son with him where ever he goes but he can not keep you from seeing your son and the grandparents definitely can not. They can keep you from going in their house but that's it. I would not wait one more moment before contacting someone.

RLT2
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Lawyer, call a lawyer immediately! And good luck, I'm sorry he did this to you!

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:49 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm not sure how exactly the laws differ there. But this is great advice. I would call your local law enforcement and see what your options are.

Quoting Deryni28:

They can NOT keep you from your son unless there are papers signed that say so. You have every right to do so and if they are not at least willing to let you see your son I would either call the police or a lawyer or both.  Yes the father can take your son with him where ever he goes but he can not keep you from seeing your son and the grandparents definitely can not. They can keep you from going in their house but that's it. I would not wait one more moment before contacting someone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN