Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My husband took my child away from me

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi!Everyone,

I am from India and I have a 3 yr old son and I love him with all my heart (u all know just the feeling).On the past Monday afternoon my husband and I had a little quarrel but it was nothing serious and lasted only about 20 minutes.After that, while I was in the shower, my husband  told me he was taking our son to the nearby 10 minutes walk from home shop.I cooked dinner and wondered where they went since it was already about one and a half hours since they left. Then,I remembered we needed some other things and started ringing his cell.He picked up my call after the fifth time and I asked him to get us the items.It was then that he told me where they went and when I asked  whether they were coming home soon he told me that they were never coming back and started shouted,yelling,screaming at me at the top of his voice.I was so shocked since I didn't even know the reason of him doing things like that and I still don't.He made me feel like the most horrible person on this earth! I called his mum right after and she said she'd call back later but she never did.When I reached her again she said that her son and grandson were staying with them and when I offered to get my son she told me there was no need. I was devastated, I still am. Tuesday night came and she called me just to say my son is okay. I miss him so much. I can hardly breathe, I was hoping they'd invite me to stay too but they never did and when I said I was coming to take him home they wouldn't hear of it and told me that my husband was angry at me for something. Today is Thursday and still no word from my husband or his parents. Oh!they said that we should be separated but not divorced for a while. I cannot think of a reason for all this mess they put me in.I am a full-time mum and it's driving me crazy to be separated from my son.He still needs me so much and I really don't know what to do.Should I seek a legal advise or wait for another week and if they still don't allow me to take my child after that I should just go and take him from them forcefully?.I am desperate and I don't want any of my friends to know about my situation yet.Please advise me on how to go about with this.What should I do?

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Replies (41-48):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 22, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I would seek help now. He can not just take your child and leave and prevent you from seeing him!

jmr03ten
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I think I answered this yesterday, but I would say go get him. If they won't let you take him, seek legal advice. Of course you will have to wait for it to go to court before you can get him. Line up some people to be deposed who will tell your husband's attorney that you are a good mother, never raise your voice to your son, and that you deserve to have custody. So sorry you are going through this and good luck.

cydslove
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM

BUMP!

Srinehart10
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:49 AM
You need to call the police. What he did is actually a kidnapping. He's not allowed to not let you see your own son unless there is a court order preventing it
emmasmommy12
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I would seek legal advice right away. I am so sorry you are going though this. I can only imagine how hard it must be for you.

salamandersmom
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Congratulations on getting your son back.  I am so proud of you, that you had the courage to do whatever you needed to, to bring him home. 

DixieFlower
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Glad it's all worked out so far.

purfectkitty
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM

call police its called kidknapping its illegal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN