Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

ewwwwhh totally grossed out

I have an 11 year old son and I was picking up his room to make a point and have him try to keep his room clean and start an award system , like a chore reward activity. I thought it would only be fair if we started this with his room being cleaned.

I cleaned under his bed and found a white t shirt with stains . I left it there but I am so grossed out to know my son is masturbating .

Should I say anything or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Replies (41-46):
caravanmom1972
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Your right , I learned a lot from everyone , you guys are awesome. It still creeps me out knowing he is masturbating and I don't know why
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:34 AM

While it might not be an easy task it can be done. 

Quoting caravanmom1972:

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea on me. I did post this in another group because I wasn't sure which would be the best group.

My son is autistic so its not an easy task for him to do his own laundry .

I am sorry for feeling that this scenario is gross .

Shelly126
by Michele on Sep. 21, 2012 at 3:15 PM
I'm not sure I would talk to him about masterbation, I think I would just tell him you found a dirty shirt under his bed and he needs to pick up after himself and make sure all dirty laundry is in the hamper. I'm sure as he gets a bit older he will start to do the deed in a more appropriate place like the shower or use tissues.
I think I would though if he is obviously starting to masterbate and go through puberty, consider having the whole sex talk and on what's appropriate with what he is going through and how he is changing.
OliviasMommy611
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Oh wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmasmommy12
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Does he have a good male role model or a father in his life who would be willing to discuss it with him for you? This might be easier on him, and less embarassing for you both.

caravanmom1972
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:11 PM
I as his parent should be able to discuss this though . I am his mother
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN