Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

This sucks!

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:14 AM
  • 13 Replies

So I have Sarcoidosis (which a disease that affects the soft tissues in the body, mainly lungs, heart, skin and eyes) and I'm 18, almost 19 wks pregnant.  This is my fourth pregnancy, but my first since being diagnosed with Sarcoid (I was just diagnosed in January).  My OB is being super sweet and she sent me to see another dr for high risk evaluation.  That dr was awesome, said he didn't think I'd have any issues at all but he suggested that I get a pulmonary function test and an EKG just to get baseline readings for when I'm bigger and farther along in my pregnancy.  So I go have my PFT on Wednesday and the dr says that everything looks fine for now and to not worry about anything.  Ok cool.  So I'm expecting the same thing from the cardiologist yesterday...I was wrong.  

I go see the cardiologist yesterday and have an EKG.  I see him after my EKG and he says everything looks fine.  BUT, to make sure he wants me to wear a Holter monitor for 72 hours and then have an Echo in two weeks.  If everything looks fine then why do I have to do all that?!?  I asked and he said it's precautionary only.  Man.  This blows.  To top it all off, they didn't have a monitor there yesterday so I have to go back today to get it.  Which really sucks because if they could have fit me with it yesterday, then I could have given it back on Monday when I go in for my OB appt.  But now, I have to go back today and then on Tuesday.  So what could have been two appts has now turned into four.  

Ugh...I just needed to vent a little.  lol

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Hugs....hope all is ok

KLove_Mom
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM

That's a lot for you to take in... I hope you have a good support system around you... Hugs

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:38 PM

They're just making sure. You'll be fine. =)

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Thanks all.  :)

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I do.  It just SUCKS.  lol

Quoting KLove_Mom:

That's a lot for you to take in... I hope you have a good support system around you... Hugs

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I know.  Bah.  Justin was ticked when I told him about it.  He was like, what a waste of time.

Quoting goddess99:

They're just making sure. You'll be fine. =)

snuggiewoogie
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Ugh! I think I would be ticked off too. Hope your day gets better :)

thecoffeefairy
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM
It's better to be safe than sorry later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Better safe than sorry later.

DixieFlower
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I'm pretty sure it's CYA on the doctor's part but I'm sure that it will all work out. Sucks about all the appts though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)