Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Christmas for Kids group....needs ideas please

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:57 PM
  • 4 Replies

A friend of mine of facebook started a group called "christmas for kids".  It has been open a week and NO ONE has replied to it, but joined it.  There are no ideas about.  Can anyone give me ideas?  I would like to throw them out there.  It is for buying, selling, trading toys for kids or other ideas to make money to adopt families. 

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
DixieFlower
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM

The problem might be that there are so many groups out there already that do the something similar. You have also had a few ppl that started "christmas for kids" type groups that scammed ppl so ppl are a bit more weary about such groups.

Ladybug1260
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Oh gotcha. This isnt a scam though.

Quoting DixieFlower:

The problem might be that there are so many groups out there already that do the something similar. You have also had a few ppl that started "christmas for kids" type groups that scammed ppl so ppl are a bit more weary about such groups.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Oh I know it's just that it only takes the few to ruin it for everyone else.

Quoting Ladybug1260:

Oh gotcha. This isnt a scam though.

Quoting DixieFlower:

Knightquester
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Scam or not DixieFlower has made some valid points.  Although Christmas is a time for giving and sharing it's sadly also a time for many to steal and scam.  I personally do donate every year, but to local food drives at my local grocery store and to to an organization I know will give what I donate to those in needs such as toys for tots.

Another option is to talk to some of the local charity groups around you and join with one of them to aide them in their effort to gain more resources for the needy for Christmas.

I commend your efforts, but I also would not join a random Facebook group that I wasn't entirely sure wouldn't try to scam me.  I tend to join groups where I know the people in it if you're set on your group then maybe try to meet with your members.  Maybe make your Facebook group more localized and gain their trust, make a meet-up to brainstorm idea's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)