Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
so Ive been married for 2 yrs. I have 2 children (4 & 2 yr old). About 2 weeks ago I found out I was pregnant again. I was on birth control to prevent this but obviously it didn't work. Well now my husband wants me to get an abortion cuz he doesn't want another one. Problem is I have never believed in it. Well I went in the hospital due to having cramps and all he could think about while being there was for the docs to give me a "pill" to start a miscarriage. I live my husband and have always supported him in anything and everything he has wanted to do. But now I don't think he is going to be there for me. I keep thinking he will leave me If I keep the baby. But then I think if I don't he will leave me cuz he won't be able to give the support I might need. I don't know what to do. Any advice?
Everytime I talk to him he gets mad at me and says get an abortion.
Please no bashing. I'm only looking for advice and what you did (if this happened to you)
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

If it were me. NO way would I have an abortion! No one would talk me in to killing my baby. It's not the baby's fault anyway. Stick to your guns if he loves you he will come around.

ssenter
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

is he seeing someone else? Sorry for the question but i know several woman that there husbands did this but because they had a mistress and were planning on leaving them before the pregnancy happened.

SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:12 PM

My advice is not to get an abortion.  If your husband will leave you b/c you don't kill your baby then do you really want to be with him anyway?  Scary to have to rebuild your life without your partner but scarier is the effect of killing your own child.  I think he will most likely stay with you if you keep your baby, he's probably just scared.  Maybe you two can see a counselor and/or a Pastor.  Go to God for this, He will always be there for you.

catrig
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I wouldn't get an abortion, and let the chips fall where they may.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I agree with the others. I would not abort or pick my dh over my child. If he can't shape up then he can ship out.

LovingLifexoxo
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Wow. Those reasons are ridiculous and selfish. Especially the one about messing up your body.

Quoting navywife011:

Well he went to the appt for a Vasectomy but he only told me about the appt we never really discussed it. So after his appt I told him I wanted to talk about it, which he was fine about but everytime we tried to talk about it he just got mad at me so it never went anywhere.

Everyday he tells me to get an abortion it's a different excuse each time.
He doesn't want to change diapers again
He doesn't want to hear a crying baby
If I have another, it's going to "mess up my body
My kids are just getting to school age and then I can do what I want.
We would have to buy baby stuff all over again
Buy diapers again

Hubby is military and never home so half his excuses are pointless because all the responsibility will fall on me, like it already does.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Exactly this.

Quoting goddess99:

I agree with the others. I would not abort or pick my dh over my child. If he can't shape up then he can ship out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I am sorry but personally I would choose that babies life!

navywife011
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:22 AM
I don't want to abort.
But everyday he keeps throwing this in my face.
I've been a sahm for 2 yrs and don't have any money if something goes bad. Well I can say I'm planning for the worse. Starting to sell the wraps and gonna do things for me.

If anyone is interested in helping me and improving your life with these wraps and other products let me know. I would really appreciate it.

Ladies, thanks for all your advice.
And I don't think he is seeing anyone else but I wouldn't know. I've had my suspicions before about this. One was when I was 8 months preg with my first.
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Leave him. 

Keep the children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN