Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Cloth diapering mamas!

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM
  • 4 Replies
Ok cloth diapering mamas...someone give me a crash course. I need to know pros, cons, diaper types, what's the best to use, how you use them, how you clean them, etc. I know nothing about them, but we're thinking of trying them because when baby bean is born, we'll have 2 in diapers and the cost of that scares the crap out of me. I am a total moron when it comes to this topic. Help please!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:20 PM

There might be a cloth diaper group on here....? Good luck.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:43 PM

There is...I was mobile though so I couldn't do a search.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:00 PM

The cloth diaper people I knew had diaper service. It wasn't cheap.

SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Pros: better for baby's skin, less chemicals, better for environment, cuter, more comfortable for baby, can be much more affordable

Cons: a little more work (about 2 extra loads of landry per week), can sometimes be harder to find a system that works well for your baby

There are quite a few different diapering systems.  I've tried most everything at this point and my fav is to use all natural materials by fitted diapers with wool covers/pants/etc.  Pocket diapers or shells are probably the easiest.  Prefolds are the cheapest.  Most people don't use a diapering service but some areas do offer a service.  Services are usually for prefolds only.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN