Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a mom with Cerebral Palsy

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am a mom of three that was born with cerebral palsy.  I grew up with this all my life and don't feel bad for myself at all (well, sometimes I get frustrated) and get mad at myself.  Anyhow, I was curious if there were other moms out there with CP or another disability.  I am thankful that in my case it is a mild case of cerebral palsy and am able to do a lot of the things that others can do, but just at a slower pace.  I am wanting to make true friends with or without disabilities, I was just curious if there were other moms with a disability out there.

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bethy16
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM
My best friend is not on cafemom but she also has CP and is now a single mom to one 8 yr old boy. She is my hero :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovedbymom
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Awesome!!!  I am blessed with three children....a 9, 5, and 1 year old. 

Quoting Bethy16:

My best friend is not on cafemom but she also has CP and is now a single mom to one 8 yr old boy. She is my hero :)

Bethy16
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Thats great. My friend and I have 8y old boys and I have a 3 and 5month old girls. Her husband decided a year ago he didnt want to be married or take care of anyone but him self. He left her out of no where. Excuse my language he is an asshole! But Sharon does it by herself and quite well. The things she cant do because of her wheelchair my husband or I run over to ger or other friends help out. We have been friends since we are 12 I am so proud of her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovedbymom
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:13 PM

That's so awesome.  I am thankful I have just a mild case, but I know how it is not to be able to do everything you would like to yourself.  She is so blessed to have a friend like you.  I have my hubby thank goodness.   

Quoting Bethy16:

Thats great. My friend and I have 8y old boys and I have a 3 and 5month old girls. Her husband decided a year ago he didnt want to be married or take care of anyone but him self. He left her out of no where. Excuse my language he is an asshole! But Sharon does it by herself and quite well. The things she cant do because of her wheelchair my husband or I run over to ger or other friends help out. We have been friends since we are 12 I am so proud of her!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:53 PM

No sorry but good for you mama!

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Sorry, I don't have any disabilities as such.... I had one friend who had CP and he get violently sick and past away at 28 yrs old :( His CP was extreme but the was a fighter. That boy graduated on time, never let anyone tell him he couldn't do something that a "normal" person couldn't do. Anyone who has CP, no matter mild or extreme I applaud you.... it's a disability that I couldn't even imagine having.

KRIZZ25
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:09 PM
i have a few disablity and 3 kids..it can he hard but we have to do it ..
MiniMom411
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Quoting lovedbymom:

I am a mom of three that was born with cerebral palsy.  I grew up with this all my life and don't feel bad for myself at all (well, sometimes I get frustrated) and get mad at myself.  Anyhow, I was curious if there were other moms out there with CP or another disability.  I am thankful that in my case it is a mild case of cerebral palsy and am able to do a lot of the things that others can do, but just at a slower pace.  I am wanting to make true friends with or without disabilities, I was just curious if there were other moms with a disability out there.

My CP sounds just like yours! I have mild CP on my left side. I'm a SAHM and have a 10 month old boy :-)

nikkita311
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:26 PM
I have the severest form of Spina Bifida but am able to walk.I have an 9 yr old ,he will be 10 pm Dec,24.
lovedbymom
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Wow! I have it on my left side as well.  I have a 9, 5, and 1 year old.  They help me as much as they can.

Quoting MiniMom411:

Quoting lovedbymom:

My CP sounds just like yours! I have mild CP on my left side. I'm a SAHM and have a 10 month old boy :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)