Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I dont know what to do please help

Posted by   + Show Post

My name is Haley I'm 17 I have a 6 months old daughter i had my daughter when i was 15  and I'm depressed because I'm so use to be able to leave and hang with my friends now I'm confined to my house i so confused my baby's father left me right after i found out i was pregnant. I have no one to talk to my age that have kid I'm just don't know who to talk to anymore please someone help me!

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Replies (11-13):
salamandersmom
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM

You don't have to be confined to the house.  YOu need to get out there and interact socially.  There are groups you could join... mommy and me classes, ECFE (Early Childhood Family Education) where you would meet other people with small kids.  Its a start.  I'm not going to lie to you, it's NEVER going to be the same as it was - with you young and care-free with no responsibilities.  Your little one depends on you.  But that does NOT mean your life is over.  Look, most of us have been where you are.  Maybe not at your age, but all of us experience this...  When I was young and single, I came and went kind of as I pleased.  Then I got engaged, married, had kids.  And my previous friends - for the most part - fell away.  I wasn't fun for them anymore because we didn't have as much in common.  And - like you - I was hurt by it.   But, I found out who my real friends were.  And, I made new friends.  People who were married, like me.  People who had kids, like me.  So, you're not alone.  It just takes a little more organization to have a night out.... to find a sitter, or maybe to go to a movie or something.  If you want to chat, I'm here.  I'm a lot older than you, I'm 46 now (my youngest son is your age!!) but I'd be willing to listen to your venting, or advise you like a Mom or Aunt, or whatever. 

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM

It is hard befing a young mom. But, a big part of being a mom is giving up time with friends. 

Take your DD for a walk. Take her to the library, park, etc. You are not confined to the house unless you choose to be.

annelauer
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 5:03 AM

Being a new mom is difficult no matter what age you are.  I recommend you read Misconceptions by Naomi Wolf.  You are allowed to mourn the loss of what was.  But ultimately you are gaining what is.  My oldest daughter (now 6) was very clingy and cried a lot.  I wore her (in a carrier) to work.  She slept in my arm.  I truly, literally never put her down.  I remember she was an infant and I got sick (really, super flu sick).  I had a high fever and could barely stand from being so weak.  I was miserable when it hit me that I would never again be entitled to a "sick day".  I cried and cried.  I now have 3 kids.  I still haven't had a night out with friends or even a date with my husband since our first was born.  It's okay though.  I have adjusted to my new life and my new role.  I agree with others who have said to get out and do something.  I used to take our daughter on the bus (even though we had a car) and get off at the library for story time.  It was free and a chance for moms to talk.  It's great for babies to go to a baby story time too.  Good luck in finding what works for you.  It's okay to be sad and frustrated about changes.  Things can never get better if they stay the same though.  Sending hugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)