Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I lost rights and custody of my daughter ten years ago, now she is back in my life.

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:35 AM
  • 8 Replies
I used to be a horrible, selfish, drug addicted mom. My ex husband got my kids. I have now been sober ten years, praying and waiting for them to be old enough to seek me out. My oldest has, I can't be happier but to find out that her situation hasn't been as good as I have hoped is breaking my heart. I know I messed up but truth is today and for a lot of years now I have been an amazing mom my other children. She is seeing this but the guilt is killing me.
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Hottmomma607
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on changing your life for the better! All you can do is move forward with your children! I wish you the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ good luck with everything.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I agree.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Congrats on changing your life for the better! All you can do is move forward with your children! I wish you the best!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Congrats on being sober!!

rebeccasmly
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:20 PM

This!

Don't let the guilt eat you up. You should be very proud of what you have accomplished.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

tears30314
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Ditto
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Knightquester
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:27 PM

It's good you've changed for the better and are currently a good mother to the children you have had since you've been clean.  Any pain or resentment you've caused in the past may likely stick with your children that were taken from you and raised by your husband and that may not ever change or go away.

I would continue to demonstrate how much you've changed and are willing to do for your children that have come around again, that's all you can really do.  For any of them not interested in you I would try not to be hurt by it, for some they choose to cross out people who've wronged them in the past rather than continue any relationship with them regardless of how much they've changed for the better.  You showing respect for their decision will likely only gain you respect in return and may help in them viewing you differently.

I also wish you the best.  It's not easy doing what you've done in turning your life around, so you should be proud of yourself.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Congrats & best of luck on rebuilding a relationship!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)