Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They are pissed!

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM
  • 5 Replies

So right now we live almost within walking distance of my mom and dad (divorced).  They check up on us when we don't answer our phones, and my dad always calls me when dh misses work (he can see his car in our driveway from his work).  I can't stand it anymore.  Well we haven't been able to get work here especially since a ton of ppl have been laid off at HP here.  Dh's grandma said we can stay with her in Oklahoma until we get back on our feet, her dd can even get me a job at the local hospital.  this is the side of my dh's family that i can actually stand and my dd has never met them before, but she talks to them on the phone all the time.  My parents are pissed.  I think my dad's upset because he's essentially losing a babysitter (they have 2 6 year olds that were born 6 days before dd was).  my mom is sad which i get, but i think shes been trying to convince me not to go cuz she keeps spouting facts about bad things there like tornados and death rates and such.  i wish my parents weren't making me feel like such a horrible person for wanting to go.  plus, i've lived here my entire life (nearly 29 years).  i'm over it, wanna try living somewhere else, away from the temptation of mom and dads help.  dd is excited and can't wait btw and we aren't leaving till we get our taxes back.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dfcinnamon
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Do what you need to do.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Do what you want and what makes you happy. They will get over it.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:54 PM

It's hard for parents when their children move far away. They will get over it, everyone does.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:58 PM

They will get over it. Good luck with everything.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:38 PM

You are an adult now & they need to realize that. If they don't like it, oh well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)