Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Back 2 Work

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM
  • 2 Replies

Hello!  I'm new to CafeMom and I'm a new mom AND I'm newly back to work...TODAY!

I have the privledge of working from home a few days a month but with that also comes some late nights away from the family.  Overall I have a very flexible work schedule which is a huge blessing. My partner has some flexibility but works and goes to school.  I'm sitting here right now trying not to dictate how she cares for our 3 month old.  I'm trying to sit at my home office and focus on work and let them figure out their own routine BUT after being home for 3 months with our child I know a few things that work and a few things that don't.  I don't want my partner to feel like I'm leaving her high and dry and that I'm letting her sink or swim BUT I don't want to micromanage every aspect either!  Well, I do want to micromanage but I'm typing this instead :)

Any helpful pointers???

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Welcome!!!  Hope things will work out...

mommaFruFru
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome! where at in KY are you from? we just moved from lousiville to southern indana

my BEST advise is let your SO do things her way. you can gove tips, like ohh baby really likes it when i walk with her if shes fussy, but dont ditcate. yes her way will be differnt than yours, but its HER way to bond and care for baby :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN