Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You restored my faith in humanity & even CM! <3

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM
  • 46 Replies

My Daddy called me tonight. He said it's time for my boys and I to make a trip home. :(

My Momma has stage 4 brain cancer.... she's already done the chemo, and had surgery to take out the majority of the tumor. We have known about it for 380 days. The longest year of my life.

I knew this was coming, and it's been tearing me up. Now I have to go home and tell my Mom goodbye. My boys won't even remember her. It's breaking my heart. I'm falling apart.

She's not just my Mom. She's my best friend.

I am only 28. I thought I would have her until my kids were grown. Never did I think it would end like this.

ETA***

I am going home on the 2nd. I am so scared. 

I thought of leaving my boys here and going all by myself, but I haven't been w/o them since they were born. I also want them to have every second with them they can. And it would be wrong to keep them from her. She loves them like crazy. Also, I know I'm going to flip out if I don't have them there, because I would only have to worry about me. If my kids are there, i have to keep together, for them. They will be anchor to reality.

I plan on staying at my Mom's while in town, but will be sending my boys with relatives during the day, and keeping them with me at night. The kids should be happy about that, because we live 4 hours away we don't get home to see family as often as we should. and everyone spoils them. 

I want our time alone to be spent laying in her bed, talking and sleeping, And filling out a book called Grandma's Memories. :(

Sorry it's so long. Thanks for listening, and most of all thanks the words of love. I had almost given up on CM. You ladies didn't only restore my faith in CM but in humanity itself. 

by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Im so sorry....i can't even imagine how hard this must be for you. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2monstersmommy
by Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Thank you. I feel so incredibly lost. Zombie mode. :(

Quoting shadow_lark:

Im so sorry....i can't even imagine how hard this must be for you. *hugs*

TaraLani
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 1:30 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm so sorry. I lost my father last year, and there are times when I wish I would have gotten that phone call, to come say goodbye. He just had a heart attack and died one morning, not sick or anything. I hope that you have a lot of pictures for your sons to remember her- I feel like that's the only way that my two oldest will remember my dad- they were only 4 and 5 when it happened. I'm pregnant now, and this little one won't even have the honor of meeting him. I truly feel for you, having to tell her goodbye, but at the same time, count your lucky stars that you can get that one last "I love you" in, I would give ANYTHING to have had that. Praying for you and your family. *hugs*

salamandersmom
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Oh, honey.  I'm so sorry!!  You are young to lose your parents.  My hubby lost his Dad in 1993, then in 1994 his Mom died.  My hubby was 29 when his Dad died, and 31 when his Mom died.  But, I don't know that it much matters how old you are when your parents die, I think it just pulls the rug out from under your world.  I can't imagine how hard this must be for you, to have been dreading this day for so long!!  

USMCwife0530
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 4:05 AM
Oh sweetie! I'm so sorry! My mom is my best friend as well and I can't imagine anything like that happening to her. I'm sending a prayer for you and the rest of your family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USMCwife0530
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 4:07 AM
Bumping this post to give this momma some hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USMCwife0530
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USMCwife0530
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USMCwife0530
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USMCwife0530
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 4:12 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)