Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

scared! 6 mths after birth theres something hanging out from my vagina, can someone tell me what it might be and if its normal

Posted by   + Show Post

hi im 24 yrs. old and i had a babygurl 6 months ago, my labor was kind of tough, pushed for 2 1/2 hours and out she came, she weighed 6 pounds 7.7 ounces and i noticed something hanging out from my vagina it looks like a muscle im not sure what its called or what it is but ive tried pushing it back in and it comes right out it doesnt hurt or anything but there are times that i feel a lil pressure...my vagina seems to still be open, sometimes air goes in...so embarrassing to say, is that normal? does any one know what it might be?

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Replies (51-58):
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Episiotomy is a cut but it's also a tear and causes more tearing.  Just wanted to make that distinction.

Quoting jynkx:

when they have to cut you to make room for the baby to come out without tearing your vaginal opening.  

Quoting sab169:

What is episiotomy

Quoting mommy425906:

Call your doc asap!! Uterine prolapse sounds very possible. Did you have an episiotomy?

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM

You're welcome.  I hope you get some answers soon.

Quoting sab169:

Thank you that was very helpful

Quoting SlapItHigh:

While you wait for your appt, you could try googling things like uterine prolapse, bladder prolapse and cervical prolapse to see if any of the descriptions match for you.

pegleg63
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Sounds like a prolapsed vaginal wall to me. I have it!  It usually happens to older woman who have had kids. I am 49 and have two adult kids. I was seen by a Dr. for it, and I was told it was prolapsed vanginal wall. Whilte not rare or dangerous it can be more annoying than anything. You can do kegal exercises to strengthen the muscles in that area, or you can by fitted with a pessory which is somewhat like a rubber type of disk you can insert into your vagina that holds everything in place. You can remove it and reinsert yourself, but has to be initally fitted by your Dr. I chose not to get one.  I was so scared when I first noticed something wrong with me that I called the ER dept. at the hospital.  It can be annoying at times, but I don't let it bother me too much. In extreme cases surgery might be an option. You should see your Dr. but this is not an emergency, so try not to be too scared.  If it is a vaginal prolapse it 's not something that will get infected as someone suggested a few post ago, and as far as sex goes....gravity is your friend, lay on your back, everything will be right where it's supposed to be!  LOL

lovedbymom
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:28 PM

to be honest=tbh

Quoting Aphrodisiac:

What's tbh?

Quoting EmmaZate:

Go see your obgyn ASAP! That sounds.... Nasty tbh... But also quite dangerous. You are not supposed to have anything hanging out....

Threes.Company
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I'd be in the ER right away.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I would contact your dr asap.

sab169
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Lol

Quoting pegleg63:

Sounds like a prolapsed vaginal wall to me. I have it!  It usually happens to older woman who have had kids. I am 49 and have two adult kids. I was seen by a Dr. for it, and I was told it was prolapsed vanginal wall. Whilte not rare or dangerous it can be more annoying than anything. You can do kegal exercises to strengthen the muscles in that area, or you can by fitted with a pessory which is somewhat like a rubber type of disk you can insert into your vagina that holds everything in place. You can remove it and reinsert yourself, but has to be initally fitted by your Dr. I chose not to get one.  I was so scared when I first noticed something wrong with me that I called the ER dept. at the hospital.  It can be annoying at times, but I don't let it bother me too much. In extreme cases surgery might be an option. You should see your Dr. but this is not an emergency, so try not to be too scared.  If it is a vaginal prolapse it 's not something that will get infected as someone suggested a few post ago, and as far as sex goes....gravity is your friend, lay on your back, everything will be right where it's supposed to be!  LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:12 AM

check with your drs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN