Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else get really ANGRY and take it out on their kids?!

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:21 PM
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm embarrassed to admit but I have times where I get really angry for no reason...I don't hurt them I just YELL!! Then i feel really bad afterwards....idk what to do....any ideas? I try to go to the other room to take a "time out" but they follow me....

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovingmommywife
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I do. I hate it. I try so hard not to. But I grab them hug them give them kiss and tell that mom is so sorry and I love them and that this is not their fault and that I'm just having a very bad day. I hate when I do this. I try to have a drink and lock myself in the bathroom and tell them I'm pooping to leave me alone. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaDee2Bee
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:29 PM

good to know im not the only one! i cant even lock my bathroom door it doesnt even latch the whole way...gotta just deal with it or go outside of my apartment and sit...till they follow me down there tooo!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Been there done that.

Dreams_In_Pink
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I used to

sumannie
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:37 AM
I do as well. I feel terrible bc it's not there fault. I can't go anywhere either without them following me as well.
shawn214
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Its the mama duck syndrome. They want to do and go wherever u r. It helps if u plan for those moments, have a time of day blotted out on the calendar (or on one of those giant clocks) where they can see it and make sure they know that's mommy's time. That way u don't get overwhelmed to the point of yelling and they give u a small break! If u have self activities planned for them for that time it helps (depending on the age group). Got the idea from a comedian who joked that she planned her nervous breakdown and put it on the calendar so it wouldn't be a surprise to her family when she flipped out, everyone would be well prepared lol! Good luck :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rowansmum
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Used to,  working on it.  I think mine has a lot to do with my oldest choosing not to occupy himself.... EVER.  Just endlessly chattering about everything.  No questions,  just chatter.  I have a couple of 10 min blocks of time where I sit and just listen to him chatter and it seems to help.  We also have quiet time while the baby is having her nap and I get to decompress,  no endless I want I want Iwant you know?  A schedule works and make sure quiet time is in there.  I do just get angry at times and take the rescue remedy for it because it can lead to a type of panic attack.  I would recommend taking a b100 supplement and try the rescue remedy.  Neither one will hurt

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Guilty, I've done it before

vinalex0581
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:02 PM

i do it.

it's natural and common. my mom use to do it to me.

idk what you should do......maybe count to 10.

taking a time out is a good idea, lol, but the kids shouldn't be following you.

it's tough when you try to leave the room and they follow you, but they want to be with their mommy.

i remember my son wouldn't even let me pee in peace. lol!!

good news though, they grow out of it and you might end up missing it.

good luck!!

PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell them "Mommy needs a time out to calm down" and go to the bedroom and close the door.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)