Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Does anyone else get really ANGRY and take it out on their kids?!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm embarrassed to admit but I have times where I get really angry for no reason...I don't hurt them I just YELL!! Then i feel really bad afterwards....idk what to do....any ideas? I try to go to the other room to take a "time out" but they follow me....

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
suzy1125
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM
No never!
pasteeater
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:26 PM
You think yelling is better. Ask any abused person they'll tell you they'd rather be hit. I can't believe so many people admit to verbally abusing their kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:28 PM
It's better to talk softly. Then they have to be quiet to hear you. They just ignore yelling.

Quoting Butterfly1108:

I do I'll admit I am a "yeller" and feel terrible afterwards :/ I guess bc we mothers talk & talk to our kids and they are not listening...so we yell...well in my case that is. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Um I would rather not be hit! I have to say I think we have all been to the point of yelling and whoever says they never have is well, we will not go there. But you learn to do better!

Quoting pasteeater:

You think yelling is better. Ask any abused person they'll tell you they'd rather be hit. I can't believe so many people admit to verbally abusing their kids.

heyiitsang84
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:25 PM

yes I do, I hate it. I feel so bad afterwards and I give them hugs and say "I'm sorry". I don't beat them, I just yell too. Ugh, I'm really trying to be the best mom that I can be, but sometimes, life gets hectic.........

MommyLehr
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Yeah.. When I'm upset or angry, which happens a lot between my depression and anxiety. I get really short with them. I try not to and I feel bad about it.. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Well that's you. Statics show otherwise. Emotional abuse is far worse than being hit.

Honestly I can't believe how many women think it's ok to yell at their kids. Studies show it's far worse than beating. The effects last longer. Some time into adulthood. But hey keep screaming at them. It's not like you're hitting them right?

Quoting Pammi86:

Um I would rather not be hit! I have to say I think we have all been to the point of yelling and whoever says they never have is well, we will not go there. But you learn to do better!

Quoting pasteeater:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexanMomOf6
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I used to yell a lot, but all it did was make things worse.  When I get all upset so do the kids. Then we are all yelling! No fun.  I learned to give the kids a project, job, chore, SOMEthing to distract them so I could have a minute to get my brain to relax. I let them watch TV while I cook, unless they were old enough to help. Lots of kids don't entertain themselves very well. My grandson is 6 and is always bugging everyone to play a game with him. My nephew is almost 20 and does the same thing, just different games, lol.  ALSO take a nap when the kids do. Don't make that your work time. RELAX!!!!!

I have a sign on my wall." If Momma Aint Happy, Aint Nobody Happy" I used to think that meant everyone should make momma happy. NOT. Momma needs to work on being calm and happy because the family will reflect it. You get back what you put out.

TexanMomOf6
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Additionally, If you wouldn't talk that way to your best friend or a stranger why would you do it to your beautiful children???

Itzy0ll0tl
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:15 AM

u r njot aloe, Ido the same thing, when I catch myself I apologize and tell her that I need time off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)