Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

eating

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Replies (191-200):
dkvhensley
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 3:41 PM

How do you make onion gravy?

babylove041810
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Sausage gravy with some biscuits and probably some kind of fruit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Dinner tonight??? Good question... probably hamburgers, but still unsure at this point... it's just an off day today... playing it as I go...

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 17, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Here is a recipe I found.

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large onion, halved then sliced
1 tablespoon plain flour
12 fluid ounces chicken stock
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Directions:

Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan.
Add the onions and sauté until brown, about 10 minutes.
Sprinkle the flour over the onions and continue to cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
Gradually add the stock, herbs and Worcestershire sauce and continue to cook until thickened.
Partially cover and cook for a further 10-15 minutes to allow the flavours to develop, stirring from time to time.

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/onion-gravy-18620?oc=linkback
Quoting dkvhensley:

How do you make onion gravy?

NNB
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 3:52 PM
I seriously can not believe I never knew this! Thanks for informing me

Quoting dkvhensley:

Girl!! Many families would have starved during WWII if not for meatloaf. In the southern US its on every menu at every diner around. I can't believe it! LOL! Guess you figured out it is an economical way to serve ground beef.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMoopsie
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 3:59 PM

It's my husband's birthday so we're having one of his favorites which his mom invented when he was a kid. I just call it pork chop casserole, but basically you get a big package of porkchops, an onion or two (depending on how much you like onion), four or so potatoes, two cans of campbells cream of mushroom soup (10 oz cans) and two cans of cheddar cheese sauce (also campbells 10 oz cans). You slice up the onions and potatoes (we don't peel ours, but that's just because DH prefers it that way) mix the four cans of soup together in a bowl, smear a light layer on the bottom of a baking pan, add some sliced onions, then a layer of porkchops (salt and pepper and other seasonings to taste), then a layer of the sauce, then potatoes, then sauce, then another layer of onions, sauce, porkchops (season again) then just keep repeating. It takes about three hours to cook at 400, but it's actually pretty yummy.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 17, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Sounds pretty good. I might have to try this sometime.

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

It's my husband's birthday so we're having one of his favorites which his mom invented when he was a kid. I just call it pork chop casserole, but basically you get a big package of porkchops, an onion or two (depending on how much you like onion), four or so potatoes, two cans of campbells cream of mushroom soup (10 oz cans) and two cans of cheddar cheese sauce (also campbells 10 oz cans). You slice up the onions and potatoes (we don't peel ours, but that's just because DH prefers it that way) mix the four cans of soup together in a bowl, smear a light layer on the bottom of a baking pan, add some sliced onions, then a layer of porkchops (salt and pepper and other seasonings to taste), then a layer of the sauce, then potatoes, then sauce, then another layer of onions, sauce, porkchops (season again) then just keep repeating. It takes about three hours to cook at 400, but it's actually pretty yummy.

bekkage
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Pancakes
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 17, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I love eating pancakes for dinner but hubby doesn't.

Quoting bekkage:

Pancakes

Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 17, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Salzbury steak with potatoes and corn.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)