Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Date a man that has no interest in his child, and doesn't want to pay child support?

My ex is dating a new girl.
She knows of his physical abuse, and he's 28, works 15 hours at a pizza place and is failing out of school..

I understand why they are dating. She doesn't have custody of her son, and is out on bond waiting for trial.

I just don't understand females, and why they allow themselves to be used like he is using her. She's been with all his friends, and has now settled on my ex. Gross. Sorry. I'm done lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Replies (161-170):
UrbanSoccerMom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:03 AM

I would let him go... My son's father brought his new gf to court with him everytime... I just looked at her and shook my head. I felt bad for her, but hey... she knew he didn't have his kid ever... it doesnt even bother me... now he leaves me alone... lol

eastcoastmama11
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:27 AM

I ask myself the same thing often to be honest lol.

My ex was abusive..but I doubt he tells anyone that at all. Still.. he pays no child support, lives with his cousin. He worked part time at a pizza shop, but I heard he was fired recently. I have sole custody of out daught.

I just don't see the appeal there, but then again he foold me once lol. He probably has them thinking I am some horrible, selfish mom or something. I don't mind too much, He's out of our lives and my daughter has a much more stable environment now. Thats all I really wanted :).

Any other girl he dates - well, I wish them luck.

Ihold8Stars
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:47 AM
No

I'm curious if he's a deadbeat how do you know all this? Deadbeat usually means not around not active physically or finacially in the childs life.

Secondly.. Why do you care what this "girlfriend" does? Why keep tabs on who some girl who's with a man you claim to be so bad.. Why waste tine on knowing the INS n outs of this girl?

I guess some females just have time to waste.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Gross! Well let him be a loser with her and don't worry about him. You made and continue to make a better life for yourself. Congratulations on your sobriety! I bet it feels great to be present for your son's life and not waste it away like so many do! Don't waste your time speculating about your ex. My biological father is that way any my mom had nothing to do with him and she forced him to call me a few years for my birthday, he stopped by once with a bike, ect. My life was hard as a child but it was certainly not because my dad wasn't around. I've had two men in my life to serve as true fathers to me.

Quoting recovered55:

She is. She has an alcohol monitor on her ankle, awaiting her felony DUI trial and assault on a public servant trial.

I met my sons father in a sober house. I have two years sober, and have recovered from drugs and alcohol. I am the best mother to my son, and he's my world. He picked her up in an AA meeting knowing she's facing minimum of two years.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

They are both trashy sounding... why would it matter to her if he doesn't take care of his child when she doesn't take care of her own... I bet she is an addict.

TIPTONTNSAHM
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:56 AM

No way would I even like a guy if he didn't help raise their child let alone date them! I wish all women had more self love before getting involved with men. I also wish men and women wouldn't have kids unless they knew how to treat kids better. IF mothers and fathers mistreat the children, they are going to start a cycle that will continue with that woman or man's children. We need to break the cycle of abuse.

maureen813
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:59 AM
You know there is an old saying that may fit this situation, " One women's leftovers are another woman's main course! "
MommyLovesAri
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:02 AM

No, If I start talking to a guy that has kids and find out he isn't up to my standards as a parent I just cant do it. I CAN"T stand the comment "well I'm the dad so I only see him at this time" that translates into "I'm lazy and would rather not have my child wghen it is convienent for me" or "I'm that dad I don't discipline, keep a schedule, watch what he eats (whatever) because he gets that all at his mom's house so I am gonna just have fun with him" which says to me 'you have no respect for your child or your ex again you do what is best for you'.  Sorry rant over lol. I have heard these several time since I started dating after my divorce 2 yrs ago and it is driving me crazy.

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:08 AM

No, doesn't sound appealing.

LOVES67
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:55 AM

NO..

SimplyLoula
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Sounds like they both have issues and you know...  "misery loves company."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)