Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Date a man that has no interest in his child, and doesn't want to pay child support?

My ex is dating a new girl.
She knows of his physical abuse, and he's 28, works 15 hours at a pizza place and is failing out of school..

I understand why they are dating. She doesn't have custody of her son, and is out on bond waiting for trial.

I just don't understand females, and why they allow themselves to be used like he is using her. She's been with all his friends, and has now settled on my ex. Gross. Sorry. I'm done lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
Gaily.Daily
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM
2 moms liked this

Uhm you dated him so I don't get your moral high ground...I am sure he didn't just start being a loser after you had a kid by him.  

timswife_momof2
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Mu husband doesnt see his daughter alot because she lives pretty far away from us, he drives up there to see her every other weekend, and he pays over $400 a month in child support, he is not the perfect father and im sure other dads would do it differently, but at lease he is supportive of his child she wants for nothing. and he is great with our kids too.

IncognitoOne
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:52 AM

No, I wouldn't.

But that seems to be the only kind of people DH's sister is attracted to...I don't get it. 

LovelyDayz
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I would never. And any female that does is just sad. SMH!

godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

No way.

CoolRelax
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Some women don't believe that better exists. Or that it would interested in her if it did.  I dated a guy like that in the past, and I wouldn't face the obvious because I was young and selfish and enjoying all the free time he had to give our "relationship" (he worked, but never had his kids and they lived less than 20 minutes away.).  So stupid, but fortunately I didn't have any kids with him and I knew once we broke up that I would never date a man who didn't take care of his responsibilities.  Preferably a man with no kids at all. 

But be careful about bashing the ex too hard....at one point in time he was good enough for you, so in a way you can't knock him without casting doubts about your own judgement, kwim?

sashamom03
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM
They all sound like a bunch of winners.
Lisa
MommyofJustin
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:34 AM

She doesn't sound so Grand herself.... They deserve each other!

recovered55
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Unfortunately, I thought with him being 28 and us having a baby would make him he responsible, that is my fault there. I knew he was lazy, and wasn't the best person, but we got pregnant and things didnt change, so I took my baby and left. He will probably grow up in 5 years. My fault was I thought I could help him be responsible and take care of his life. I paid for everything with our child from the beginning. Lol, you are right. I am just baffled because he didnt have a baby when we dated but a baby changes the ball park for future dating ya know?

Quoting CoolRelax:

Some women don't believe that better exists. Or that it would interested in her if it did.  I dated a guy like that in the past, and I wouldn't face the obvious because I was young and selfish and enjoying all the free time he had to give our "relationship" (he worked, but never had his kids and they lived less than 20 minutes away.).  So stupid, but fortunately I didn't have any kids with him and I knew once we broke up that I would never date a man who didn't take care of his responsibilities.  Preferably a man with no kids at all. 

But be careful about bashing the ex too hard....at one point in time he was good enough for you, so in a way you can't knock him without casting doubts about your own judgement, kwim?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:37 AM
No way!! I'd be afraid of getting pregnant with his kid then him doing the same thing to me!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)