It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: Teacher cuts disabled student's hair
Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!
A 7 year old down syndrome girl named Jessica had several inches of her hair cut off by an assistant teacher. Originally the teacher told her mother she cut off about four inches of hair because she had food in it. When her child got home the mother saw it was more like eight inches. A letter later revealed that her hair was cut because she wouldn't stop taking it down. Turns out Jessica loved her hair and now won't even get in front of a mirror.
1. Do you feel that it is ok if teachers take action on children without a parent's consent first?
2. How would your child(ren) feel if something personal like this was done to them?
3. How would YOU react if something personal was done to your child and you found out after-the-fact?
While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!
And be sure to check out these posts while you wait:
- Does anyone else get really ANGRY and take it out on their kids?!
- Interviewing a babysitter
- School Lunches
- Scared! 6 mths after birth theres something hanging out from my vagina, can someone tell me what it might be and if its normal
- Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...
We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!