Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Fall/Halloween Craft Ideas?

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM
  • 12 Replies

Anyone have any cool craft ideas for fall? Today we collected leaves and then glued them to construction paper! Anything for fall/halloween would be great! Thanks! : )

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jasmine925
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:16 PM
What ages are your kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jasmine925
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM
You can get black construction paper and glue cotton balls and eyes on then for ghosts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jasmine925
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM
You can make a paper chain using fall colors or whatever holiday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rayray14
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Paint the leaves white and then paint/draw ghost faces on them. I did this with my kids last year and they came out really cute. I used fake maple type leaves though instead of real ones so I can reuse them every year.
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Let me go creep my sisters pinterest page. I know she posted a ton the other day! lol

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Not a craft... but how cute are these?! Might be fun for your upcoming party! :)

Juice Box Mummies

Who is ready for Halloween?

I am really getting into the mood with all of the
party inspiration that I am seeing everywhere!

How about these little cuties?

Mummy wrapped juice boxes!

Just wrap up those boxes with white electrical tape
or cheese cloth would work at well.
Add some adhesive backed googly eyes
to the front and poke a hole in the top for the straw!
What a fun idea to serve at a child's
Halloween party or a fun surprise for their lunch boxes!

I am doing this one for sure!!

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Egg Carton Pumpkins

Today Preston has a Preschool field trip to a pumpkin patch, so we decided to do a pumpkin themed craft. Here is what you need:

green paper
green (or brown) pipe cleaner
orange paint
egg carton (2 cups per pumpkin)
scissors
glue (not pictured)
paint brush (not pictured)
black marker (not pictured)

Cut your egg cups off of the egg carton. 

Take 2 egg carton cups & paint the outside with orange paint. Let it dry.

Poke a small hole in the top of one of the cups.

Cut a piece of the pipe cleaner that is 2 inches long & fold it in half.

Twist the ends...leaving the top a loop.

Place glue on the edges of one of the cups.

Glue the cups together & allow to dry. Place the pipe cleaner in the hole on the top. Draw a face on the pumpkin using a marker.

Cut a leaf out of the green paper & glue it on & there you have a cute Jack-0-Lantern.

I think Olivia could help with a lot of this craft. :)

Found here:

http://mommy-guru.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Halloween

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:45 PM

So in the midst of the party prep, I thought it would be fun to print some halloween decorations. I had the idea of printing pumpkin shapes using an apple that was cut in half. The idea seemed so simple and effective that I was pretty sure I couldn't be the only person that had had this idea, so I googled "apple print pumpkins" and found that last year the Crafty Crow had linked to Mom in Madison, who had done this craft idea before. We didn't cut out the jack o lantern face from the apple when we did it. The kids just drew faces on them in black crayon when they were dry. I'll see if I can get a nice pic of them up on the wall when we have put them up.

We also did some frankenstein's monster hand prints with goggly eyes. I didn't have any black paint handy to do the more usual hand print bats or spiders, so we improvised with the green paint for Frankybaby.

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Toilet roll bat fun

This crafty doodad was inspired by two people who blog on the intertoobs. The body of the bat was made after seeing thegorgeous little halloween creatures made by Katie Steuernagle from Matsutake. Soooo flippin' cute!
By folding the bottom of the tube in the same way, but perpendicular to the top of the tube you get quite a nice bat body shape for hanging up.
The kids got nice and filthy with black paint, painting up the bat bodies...I think the bat wings were inspired by a card that was made onMakes and Takes a while back. They used some tissue paper to thread through a card to make bat wings, but we didn't have any black tissue paper, so we used black constructions paper. Folded it in half to cut the bottom of the wings into shape...Then concertina folded them up.I cut a couple of horizontal slits on either side of the bat bodies to thread the folded up wings through, and then unfolded them and curved forward the wings to make them nice and full looking. The tip of the top of each wing was folded back to give it a bit of a more batty shape.Red sticker eyes were stuck on and then they got hung up in our kitchen with the rest of the artwork for a few days.Batgirl loves them.
Until Halloween, when we took them out and hung them on the porch to frighten trick or treaters. They made the Happy Halloween sign themselves too and are very proud of it indeed!Because the bodies were made out of toilet roll tube, the ever resourceful hubster was able to put together a little circuit involving flashing LEDs and a battery pack to stuff inside. Voila! Spooky flashy red bat eyes!
If you fancy trying that part yourself then you can check it out on his blog Fangletronics.
I hope you all had a lovely halloween! I'm loving American halloweens. It's such a big holiday for the kids. Sorry to be posting some of our halloween crafts after the holiday, but we're always last minute with such things, and I know that if I don't put these things on the blog now, then I will have lost them by this time next year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)