Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Cars

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 5:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

Good evening ladies,

I'm in the process of searching for a new car (2007 or 2008) and I'm stuck between a small SUV or going after a car I've always wanted Ford Mustang.

I want an small SUV so we have more leg room, and what I mean as we, my 13 year old son and I.  I don't plan on having more kids but the extra space is nice.

I want a mustang just because that's always been my dream car but could never afford one.  So if you had the chance to get either one what would you do and why.

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MichelleMc
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I love love love love my Subaru Outback! Like an SUV but WAY better gas mileage & AWD. I will hopefully never own another vehicle again that isn't AWD. I have had 4wd & actually love AWD better. Awesome in the snow & RAIN. Love it! It goes thru the snow like nothing, has tires as big as a truck, LOL, but small. Roomy too. The space is amazing. 2 full size people can camp in the back ( 3 can fit ), we can fit some MAJOR stuff in there with room. Wagon style just is awesome. I won't go back to SUV's now, LOL. So my vote is neither, but hands down small suv over a mustang.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Both vehicle are gas hogs so doesn't matter...lol. Me personally would go with the Mustang. I've always liked them. I use to have one many yrs ago.

keriley1
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:49 PM

if space wasn't an issue i would go for the mustang, but i have 2 girls and plan on at least one more baby and i imagine they are going to be like me and my sister and ALWAYS want to take friends places so i need the 3 rows of seating in my trailblazer.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:31 AM

You should get your Mustang.

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Tough one. I like Mustangs too but I like older ones so I would go for the suv.

kaitybird
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Also remember your insurance will change also and since a Mustang is a sports car your insurance will no doubt go up.  You need to do what you want.  You don't want to have buyer's remorse when it is over!  I would find some things that you like and them compare them all.  We recently bought a new Ford Truck, it has way more room than my Sorrento.  I would never be able to afford my dream car since it is a Bentley....:)  

I just know when traveling even though we are just a family of 3 and 2 furbabies we love the extra room!  I am and never really been in to sports cars, I am a truck girl and I am very happy with what we just bought! 

Good luck to you.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I have an SUV now, after only ever having cars and I LOVE it.  I love my car.  I love having all of that room.  BUT, I also have three kids and a husband.  lol

Dinosaurspiders
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:47 AM

You only live once so get the one that will make you happiest!!!! Just find something you can afford the cost of, cost of insurance, and maintenance. All that factored in, pick your favorite and go for it. Doesn't hurt to test drive one of each and see how you feel behind the wheel, either. 

delanna6two
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Yesterday at 5:06 PM
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Van for me...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN